Attn: SketchUp users

Been there done that, you have to spend money to make money. It is a concept that is hard to go with and I still have difficulty in feeling comfortable when my money manager sells 1/3 of my funds that have been performing very well for the last 3 years and buy funds that are not performing well at the moment. It goes with the "buy low and sell high" way of thinking which tends to go against what your gut tells you.

Reply to
Leon

Try Rob (dot nonsense garbage ) Sekeris

Reply to
Robatoy

OK, request sent.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Why is Bill's particular amount, $50, so obvious? And if someone else replies that their limit would be $200, another $100, etc. and if Trimble _somehow_ follow this thread, they'll have a better view of what we think and what price to set if they do take away the freebies. To me, it's all good.

Well, there are times and persons here on the Wreck where that "six year old" description fits the personality perfectly...

-- If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return? -- Margot Fonteyn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Um, what's a "money manager"?

-- If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return? -- Margot Fonteyn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yep, especially those whom the phrase ".....so, as usual, it just depends on one's circumstances." sails right over their heads.

Reply to
Swingman

Swing, I think my comment was a reasonable reply to the assertion Leon made. Your remark left out the context of my comment. No biggie, only, if you're going to be condescending, at least be fair about it.

Reply to
Bill

Bullshit ... I quoted your words only, and replied to _exactly_ what you said, nothing more, nothing less.

I did leave Leon's remark out, on purpose as it was not remotely necessary to "context" because you reiterated the "context" yourself, repeatedly, without it.

I apologized to Leon ONLY because his name was inadvertently included and his words were not ... the only reason.

Reply to
Swingman

Leon

Geeze, from listening to you, one might think I had malicious intent. It's not so. I strive to write clearly.

Reply to
Bill

Larry, Your first 3 Tall Mocha's (tm) on me. I think someone may be suffering PTSD over an old Festool thread. I'll buy him and Mike a beer if they would like--don't think they need more caffeine. Everyone have a great weekend! : )

Reply to
Bill

How many times have you seen that phrase used here?

-- If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return? -- Margot Fonteyn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

-- If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return? -- Margot Fonteyn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Swingman wrote in news:KNCdnYus_IUqXwfSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I've had Macs die for the simple reason that a battery went dead. Most PCs don't die, they used to make you reenter the configuration in the BIOS. (Nowadays they just detect everything.)

I've got a Mac that won't boot even with a new PRAM battery.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Never by me. I just checked all of my sent messages for the word "circumstances", and I was unable to locate similar usage. I think it's just Friday. Of course, that's stating the obvious, but I don't mean the obvious.

Reply to
Bill

Quit playing coy, C_less, you've seen the meaningless utterance paraphrased at least a couple of dozen times in every Festool, Harbor Fright, and SketchUP thread since day one.

Reply to
Swingman

IMHO, I doubt any of us want to invest further in this nonsense.

Reply to
Bill

Any malicious intent or the impugning of the clarity of your writing is entirely in your imagination.

What I did remark upon was both an erroneous assumption that software was somehow to blame for your template accuracy problems; and an opinion that you were belaboring the obvious with a less than profound statement about how spending "....depends on your circumstances".

All fair game for possible remark as soon as you hit the send button ... just take care that the shit stirrers don't continue to get you too excited about that possibility.

Reply to
Swingman

Yes, I forgot to include NT4. just before XP. It ran very well actually with several fixes to help it along. Implicit in that fact was a game that I particularly like which wouldn't run under any OS previous to NT.

Reply to
Dave

It's still too new a technology, but it will catch up. I'd say give it two years and it meet your wish list.

Reply to
Dave