Attn: SketchUp users

Page 2 of 6

I've had Macs die for the simple reason that a battery went dead. Most PCs don't die, they used to make you reenter the configuration in the BIOS. (Nowadays they just detect everything.)
I've got a Mac that won't boot even with a new PRAM battery.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Yes, I forgot to include NT4. just before XP. It ran very well actually with several fixes to help it along. Implicit in that fact was a game that I particularly like which wouldn't run under any OS previous to NT.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/consumer-preview
Oh My Crom! I see what you mean. Win8 isn't in my future, either.
-- If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return? -- Margot Fonteyn
So switch to a Mac and you'll be happy forever. That is, of course, unless you use an application that only works on Windoze.
John S.
On 04/26/2012 07:05 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

On 4/26/2012 6:26 PM, Leon wrote:

Some would consider that a blessing in disguise. ;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
FrozenNorth wrote:

I don't like it, but I can certainly understand that Google may think it has "other fish to fry", and it would probably like to apply it's softare development staff to those other problems with which is has real expertise. How much (more) do Google developers know about architectural development and the other applications for SU? Maybe Google hopes that enough of SU will be free that they can keep using it for Google Earth.
Just please don't take my (free) copy away!!! : )
Thank you for the notice FrozeN.
Bill
On 4/26/2012 8:44 PM, Bill wrote:

To tell you the truth IMHO Sketchup is well worth the pro asking price if that is the only way to get it. Sketchup is on of the most valuable WW tools I have.
On 4/27/2012 7:56 AM, Leon wrote:

Yes, I'm sure it's worth it if you use it a lot. I recently used it to make a 1-1 scale, 2-D template. However, after printing, the accuracy is only as good as your ability to glue together 2 to 4 pages which have margins. I believe there is room for improvement on this feature.
I'm still interested in it at $50, at $500 it's not going to happen. For you, the $500 is tax-deductable and you recover it in sales, so, as usual, it just depends on one's circumstances.
Bill
On 4/27/2012 7:45 AM, Bill wrote:

You simply can't blame the accuracy of multi page templates printed on a personal printer on ANY software.

I guess I'll never understand why folks feel compelled to state the obvious as if it were some astounding, heretofore unknown and irrefutable truth??
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Nor will we po' folks ever understand why people who are making really good money never seem to consider their account balances. Unlike them, we run OUT of money if it isn't dribbled out in small bits.
-- If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return? -- Margot Fonteyn
On 4/27/2012 9:57 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

If you're standing in line at Starbucks and don't have the money in your pocket to buy a tall Mocha, no further reasoning, or repeating to anyone else, is needed to NOT buy one ... that is so "obvious" as to need no further telling ... except perhaps to a six year old.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

But, but, but... stating the obvious is what one does when you have run out of interesting/constructive things to say. The other option is to bullshit. Here's one: What colour Bentley should I buy?
On 4/27/12 1:05 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Beige, I think we should paint the ceiling beige.
--
Froz...

Ceiling? In a Bentley? Surely you jest? Drophead or why bother?

Why is Bill's particular amount, $50, so obvious? And if someone else replies that their limit would be $200, another $100, etc. and if Trimble _somehow_ follow this thread, they'll have a better view of what we think and what price to set if they do take away the freebies. To me, it's all good.

Well, there are times and persons here on the Wreck where that "six year old" description fits the personality perfectly...
-- If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return? -- Margot Fonteyn

Yep, especially those whom the phrase ".....so, as usual, it just depends on one's circumstances." sails right over their heads.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

How many times have you seen that phrase used here?
-- If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return? -- Margot Fonteyn
Larry Jaques wrote:

Never by me. I just checked all of my sent messages for the word "circumstances", and I was unable to locate similar usage. I think it's just Friday. Of course, that's stating the obvious, but I don't mean the obvious.

<g>
-- If I have learnt anything, it is that life forms no logical patterns. It is haphazard and full of beauties which I try to catch as they fly by, for who knows whether any of them will ever return? -- Margot Fonteyn
On 4/27/2012 9:45 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Quit playing coy, C_less, you've seen the meaningless utterance paraphrased at least a couple of dozen times in every Festool, Harbor Fright, and SketchUP thread since day one.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010