anyone know return policy at home depot?

Page 1 of 3
hi...
I bought a compound miter saw the other day from home depot and after using it a couple of times, discovered that its not what i need at this time. can anyone comment on the return policy at home depot? will they give me a refund eventhough i used it for exactly 9 cuts?
thanks....
Add pictures here
βœ–
@aol.com says...

within a year, maybe more.
Add pictures here
βœ–
says...

Its actually 90 days.. but otherwise, they will take back anything that doesnt run on gas for almost any reason
Add pictures here
βœ–
IIRC it is 30 days. They should not have a problem taking it back as long as you do buy another saw that fits your needs. They had quite a problem with people buying, using, and returning for a refund.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 26 May 2004 19:16:37 GMT, "Leon"

The newest scam in my area goes even a step further...
HD reboxes the product...if you tell them there's nothing wrong with it...and they sell it for a discount. They can't sell it as new, of course.
The customer that took the item back got his project done...but he really liked the item. So he waits for it to get reshelved...and then buys it again...at the discounted price.
Folks at HD...and other stores with this kind of policy...better wise up...and in a hurry.
Have a nice week...
Trent©
βœ–
I've seldom had any problem with them giving me a refund. Once they complained then gave me a store credit. I expect they'll give you your money back.
-- Larry C in Auburn WA

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 26 May 2004 18:17:50 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Ah10201) wrote:

Was nine cuts all it took to complete your project, or is it truly not what you imagined it to be?
If it's the second case, then you should be able to return it with no problem.
If it's the first, then I suspect you're one of the free-rental-army fools and I hope they make you eat it. But you probably wouldn't be posting the question if this were the case. See preceding paragraph.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Add pictures here
βœ–

<Ziiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppp goes the last zipper on the flame suit> You made the mistake, albeit an expensive one. There's nothing wrong with the saw. Am I the only one who'd not feel comfortable asking the seller to take it back because I changed my mind?
Maybe I'm reading too much into "discovered that its not what i need at this time."
If you're OK with a Store Credit, then ignore the above.
Add pictures here
βœ–

No. See my post from 30 minutes before yours.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Add pictures here
βœ–

That is what eBay is for, to correct such errors. The very liberal return policy is driving up the cost for all of us.
If anyone want to make lemonade, I can provide a lemon or two. Or is that a white elephant. Either way, most of us have one or two. Why not just try to sell it at a fair price to soften the loss? Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Add pictures here
βœ–

Puff
Add pictures here
βœ–

you need.
Cheap compared to some wrong buys.
Back in 1983 I had a company car and could order certain models, choose color, etc. I saw a color chip and really liked a bronze one and ordered the car. The car was delivered to a local dealer and prepped for me and I was called to pick it up.
Took one look and it reminded me of a UPS truck. Drove it as a company car for three years and then it was such a good buyout (half what dealer blue book would be) I bought the ugly duckling (became my wife's car at that time) and kept it for another eleven years. Never once in 14 years did I like he appearance of that car, but it was reliable and low cost transportation. Ed
Add pictures here
βœ–
Ed Pawlowski writes:

Always the best kind. It took me many years and a lot of money to get over the appearance/performance package needs on vehicles. Wish I'd learned earlier that a low cost vehicle that runs reliably, instead of fast, was the best bet. Took me too long to grow up, I guess.
βœ–

I think I know that color. <G> Was it a GM product?
Barry
Add pictures here
βœ–
..

Olds Cutlass. I decided to run it until it died and left t he "good" car home more and took this one. Left work one day, started the car, moved 3 feet and it died. Took the company pickup home, bought a new car that night and called a junk yard the next day. Fourteen years and 190,000 miles.
Probably will do the same with what is now my wife's car. I want to get two more years out of it (a '91) and run until it just won't go. It has 138,000 miles, runs great and I still like driving it. I did have the AC fixed. Everything still works. Ed
Add pictures here
βœ–
Don't know about home depot but my son just tried to take back a bbq to Rona (he had had it a week and a half and used it twice) and got nothing but a hard time. Didn't matter that the assembly manual said nothing about installing a screen to keep spiders out an maybe one got in (according to the guy at Rona) and he had flames coming out the shut off valves It was all his fault because the guy at Rona knew about the screen and nobody else did. The guy went and got the manual to show my son - guess what it wan't in there - he just said doesn't matter and walked off. My son is doing some major renovations on his house over the next year or so guess where he won't be buying stuff. Me either for that matter.
Rick

Add pictures here
βœ–
Which Rona?
Rick Gibson wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Ah10201) wrote in message

I asked the same thing recently when I was unsure of a tool purchase... I was told that if I return it in good condition (i.e. clean, free of scratches, with all original packing, documentation, and receipt) they would take it. However, I believe they would only give me store credit if the reason was "I don't like it"
Good Luck.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Look at it this way, who would want to pay full retail price for miter saw that shows that it obviously has been opened and used (even it was only 9 times)? BORG is going to have to take a loss on this one. Just like clerks who sell Bessey clamps substancially below cost, all this adds a significant cost that we all have to pay.
Just my 2 cents Gary
Add pictures here
βœ–

If it's actually been used, the stuff often ends up back at the manufacturer and sold as reconditioned through outfits like Tyler Tool and Amazon. If it's only been opened for inspection, it gets reshelved, sometimes missing small parts that the reshelver didn't notice.
I usually try to go the recon'd route whenever possible when I need a new tool. More often than not, the tools seem to be exactly like the OP states his to be, used several times and put away.
Barry
Add pictures here
βœ–