Peachtree's return policy

Bought one of those $29 LED lights with the magnetic base at the Peachtree booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took it out of the box last night -- both on the AC adapter and batteries. Called Peachtree a nd I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75. Not a lot of money, but I expected them to exchange it and cover the shipping.

Larry

Reply to
Gramp's shop

Bought one of those $29 LED lights with the magnetic base at the Peachtree booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took it out of the box last night -- both on the AC adapter and batteries. Called Peachtree and I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75. Not a lot of money, but I expected them to exchange it and cover the shipping.

----------------------------------------------- SFWIW, they have now been removed from my approved vendor's list.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Is the LED lamp in backwards ? Is it inserted deep into the socket - or rattled out in shipping from China...

Are the batteries in backwards ? - or plastic inside to prevent current flow?

I get a box of flashlights with batteries - plastic pull - lights work.

Remember LEDS are diodes. They are polarized as far as current flow.

Mart> Bought one of those $29 LED lights with the magnetic base at the Peachtree

booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took it out of the

box last night -- both on the AC adapter and batteries. Called Peachtree a

nd I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75. Not a lot of money, but I

expected them to exchange it and cover the shipping.

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Bought one of those $29 LED lights with the magnetic base at the Peachtree booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took it out of the box last night -- both on the AC adapter and batteries. Called Peachtree and I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75. Not a lot of money, but I expected them to exchange it and cover the shipping.

----------------------------------------------- SFWIW, they have now been removed from my approved vendor's list.

Lew

I also won't buy from them. WW

Reply to
WW

I said I wouldn't either, but ...

Last month I purchased a couple of MINI-T-TRACK cam arms from Peachtree simply because I couldn't find the size needed anywhere else.

Gotta say that their attitude exhibited at the shows - leaving you with the impression they're doing you a favor selling to you - is carried over to their business visibility online.

Their website is antiquated, inconvenient, and completely without regard to customer experience with the little things that are so easy to implement these days, like package tracking links in their order section and emails.

Not to mention their shipping and handling added 50% to the cost (the items were small and light enough that they could have been shipped USPS for about half the price and still have arrived within the same delivery window).

Impression, in a nutshell: "It's our way, or the highway."

Three things in their favor: they had the items I needed, they did not charge my card until the items were shipped, and I got them in good working order.

Overall grade: C-

Just makes for more appreciation of the Lee Valley's and Amazon's ...

Reply to
Swingman

Already sent back, but no easy way to access the LED lamp without risking damaging the light head. No detectable plastic pull tabs to unblock current flow.

Reply to
Gramp's shop

Relatively few cover shipping as routine replacement policy...even Amazon that noted somebody lauded elsewhere in thread has a general policy that covers return shipping on only selected product areas and since now probably 80% of what's shipped thru Amazon checkout isn't actually anything but a clearing house for other vendors the policy can be almost anything...

IOW, caveat emptor up front if you're going to be bugged if something happens you don't expect...

Reply to
dpb

booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took it out of the box last night -- both on the AC adapter and batteries. Called Peachtree and I got stuck with the return shipping -- $8.75. Not a lot of money, but I expected them to exchange it and cover the shipping.

While I understand your frustration, it is not Peachtree's fault that the light did not work. Their manufacturer is the one that should be liable. This is true for any store selling merchandise they did not make. If you bought it at Home Depot or Sears, you'd have to trek back to make the return. They in turn have to get the stuff back to the maker. They are not reimbursed for the return shipping.

Is there any warranty information with the unit?

OTOH, a few sellers do cover such things so if you have one, give them your business.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski