Amazon Regrets?

Page 2 of 3

$149 DK has arrived at my local airport from Louisville. It's still headed in the right direction...
Barry

Well, I hope it works for ya! I've just "been there, done that" already, so, well, hope it works.
Dave

My stuff showed up yesterday.
-j

Great! Now, I'm even _more_ annoyed that they yanked stuff on me on two previous occasions.

Yeah, I realized that after I typed it. But there isn't any undo button for that one...

Well, I ordered the PC kit, and I'll believe it when it gets delivered. And heck, if Arafat can get a Nobel Peace Prize, anybody can.
todd
This is not meant to be a gloat, but just words of optimism for those who still have outstanding orders from Amazon's Thursday evening "fire" sale:
Among other amazon items, my deep-discount-priced unisaw arrived today! I realize that I am incredibly lucky, but I also feel a bit guilty given that not everyone won the amazon lottery (or even got a lottery ticket in time). ... But not guilty enough to give up my saw. :)
Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting.

Mine is, at this time, still in the "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed." phase. I ordered the saw before posting and I am still trying to figure out how you got yours shipped first. Congrats on having physical custody of what appeared to be a dream.
Jeff

I think I ordered it before your posting, but I did not read the news group before ordering it so I am not sure of the timing. I did notice that when I ordered it, the amazon site stated that there were 6 units left. I think this was aournd 5-6pm central time.
I hope you get your saw.
Lars

My memory is faulty. I just checked my email receipt from amazon and it is dated/timed at 7:08pm on Thursday.

Enjoy it, as you mega-suck!
My Dado King is due any minute. <G>
Barry
Me too, except feeling no guilt. My Dewalt 735 arrived today. I am thrilled. Thanks to whoever posted the discounted prices. max

What did the 735 cost?
Barry
$332 delivered

WOW!
Barry

Congratulations. I was one of the people who posted the price, although I don't know if mine was the one you read. Considering that my order was cancelled, I can't help wondering if I might have had a better chance of getting my order filled if I hadn't said anything about it.
Still, at the time I posted, I had no reason to believe that it was not a legitimate sale price from Amazon, considering it started with a "this price is too low to be displayed". Other people here have been very generous with posting good deals when they find them, so I'd do the same thing again. I think.
--
Hank Gillette

I received the following from Amazon this evening. Oh well.
--
Mike S.
Cape Girardeau, Mo.
Mike S. wrote:

I got one as well. No compressor / brad nailer for me.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 09:54:38 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
The Dado King story:
Ship Method: UPS Second Day Tracking Number: Status: IN TRANSIT Shipment Date: Nov 19, 2004 Destination: Order ID: Date Time Location Service Area Checkpoint Details
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Nov 20, 2004 06:57:00 AM LOUISVILLE KY US IN TRANSIT TO Nov 20, 2004 06:56:00 AM OMAHA NE US ARRIVAL SCAN Nov 20, 2004 04:11:00 AM SIOUX FALLS SD US DEPARTURE SCAN Nov 20, 2004 02:24:08 AM SIOUX FALLS SD US LOCATION SCAN Nov 20, 2004 01:45:00 AM SIOUX FALLS SD US UNLOAD SCAN Nov 20, 2004 01:35:00 AM SIOUX FALLS SD US ARRIVAL SCAN Nov 19, 2004 09:45:00 PM FARGO ND US DEPARTURE SCAN Nov 19, 2004 06:50:36 PM FARGO ND US ORIGIN SCAN Nov 19, 2004 06:03:32 PM US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED Nov 19, 2004 05:46:50 PM Grand Forks ND US SHIPPED Still hopin'! <G>
Barry
Daddyman responds:

Almost every ad I've seen carries an implicit "not responsible for typos" in it, and some are quite explicit.
The newspaper ad and the on-line ad are not apples and oranges, but different species of apple. It is still a typo and no reasonable customer expects a seller to adhere to a price that is going to lose them money on every sale, whether they're selling cars or bedsheets or dado sets.
The customer is not always right. But he is always the customer. Amazon has never been noted for its gentle treatment of customers, IIRC.
Still, in such a case, I wouldn't have expected them to adhere to the incorrect price. But, then, I'm the kind of stupe who returns change to cashiers who give me too much change after my purchase.
Charlie Self "Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing." Redd Foxx