Amazon and their low cost heating thread

I could not make any replies to this thread be accepted, so.. Yes, the point often missed is that placement and localisation of the heat matters, as does how it is radiated. You get out what you put in, but it has to be absorbed by the air, or you, or your floor, your furniture and not left to go out of a window or whatever. I do find the oil filled heaters very effective at heating spaces to a comfortable heat, However if you need to heat a place up from cold, fast, then its forced heating you need, like a fan heater. If its radiated heat then get one with the bars that heat up, a lot more infra red directly radiated. Obviously the inefficiency seems to creep in as you have to warm surfaces and masses up as well, whether these are part of the heater, or the room, like underfloor heating. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I have a heater powered form a rechargeable Li-ion battery pack, made by "Stoov".

This is a mat one places on a chair, seat and back. It works, warming gently and, if not comprehensively, but enough to make me very much more comfortable, and that within less than a minute. The battery lasts for three hours or so, and easily fits into a jacket pocket.

This is for a shed, where a gas heater takes many hours to start to take the frost out of "everything" via hot air and radiant heat -- there is no frost protection, so once it's cold, it stays cold.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

I think your outlook client has previously been confused by Q-encoded header fields, that thread has a subject with a pound sign, which can't be sent as

7-bit so requires encoding, however the sender's client uses dodgy encoding for other characters such as commas, singlequotes, doublequotes and backquotes.
Reply to
Andy Burns

It sounds like a heated jacket, without the jacket :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's not only outlook. I'm using an old Free Agent. Seems as if modern systems don't do 7-bit simple text any more :(

My response to the original thread was to put one of those devices on every spare outlet in the house. Save lots of power and keep the whole building warm. Magic!

Reply to
AnthonyL