Amazon deals

Amazon is having more good deals this weekend on tools....the more you spend the more you save...I am thinking of the DW718 Miter Saw as mine has about had it. You can buy a laser for it that DeWalt has developed...Anyone buy one with the laser? any word on how it is working?
hibbi wrote:

My Makita slider has a single laser that caused me to cut boards short when I've forgotten which side of the blade the laser is on. I try to keep it on the left, but for some cuts, I switch it to the right. Not being perfect, nor having total recall, I'm prone to screwing up due to this lack of 2 lasers.
Dave
I bought the 718 with laser and stand in October. The laser works well, just requires a little time setting it up. Mine is set up for the left side of the blade and it's dead on. In fact, it'll make any small dust particles on the side of the blade glow red. The line is crisp and bright unless it's set up outside on a sunny day, then it's hard to see. My only minor dislike is when I take the saw to a jobsite, the laser usually needs adjusted again. If you're not going to move the saw much, it'll be fine. BTW, I absolutely love the saw. Here is a review I did of it a little while ago if you're interested: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_thread/thread/51c9028709920099/a094a8d53da1c7c4?lnk=st&q walt+718&rnum=1#a094a8d53da1c7c4
The only thing I've done is tweak the miter settings to be dead on (it was a couple thous out at the end of the cutting limit) and I switch blades to a Forrest Chopmaster when I'm building furniture. The supplied blade is used for trim. Hope this helps! --dave

Haa! "The more you spend the more you save." If that isn't the most idiotic oxymoron pushed on us by the advertising world....