Amazon Deals Gone

The three great deals from Amazon that were mentioned here last night are all gone. The DeWalt 735 planer is back to $499, the Forrest dado set is back to $279, and the Porter-Cable compressor kit is now discontinued.

Reply to
Hank Gillette

Dito, plus the Delta Unisaw for $479.00. I have my doubts for any of the so called sale prices they have been advertising lately. I think it was bait and switching tatics.

Reply to
Seeker

When I read about the deals last night, I put the DEWALT DW7352 in my checkout cart, but I held off. I really shouldn't be spending any more money on tools! This morning I had second thoughts but was depressed when I read that the sale was off. Luckily I checked my checkout cart, which still listed the sale price. Right afterward I did a search and the price was back up. So if you ever see a really good price, but you're unsure if you should buy it, put it in your checkout cart. I'm not sure if you'll get the listed price indefinitely, though. So a big "Thanks!" to the original poster.

-Peter

Reply to
Peter De Smidt

I went last night and checked out their radial arm saws. Waited till early this morning and the Delta 33-890 was on sale for $269.00. I went ahead and ordered it and that was the amount billed to my card. Rechecked it after I got to work and it was back up to $1599.00. I wonder what's going on? Screwups or they trying to clear out inventory???

Mike S.

Reply to
Mike S.

Before it ships they will verify the correct price and if there is a problem you will be notified. This is what I have read and was told. They anticipate you will go ahead and accept the correct price. After all it's Christmat time again spoil yourself. BS

Reply to
Seeker

I put the Dewalt 735 and the PC compressor in my cart last night. This morning I received a message on the "my cart" page saying the item is not available. Looking at the cart, the dewalt _was_ still there but the compressor was moved to "saved for later." Interesting.

Just went out to A9.com to try to pick up that last little bit of discount and when I returned to my cart the price was raised to the regular price - $499. Saved me from that impulse buy.

:) :(

Reply to
Dave