A funny student story about glue

No, I insist that the meat I eat must be good and dead first.

must...resist...making...obvious...reference...
Doug Miller wrote:

No way! Just peel them like a sock. A lot like catfish or bullheads, if you're up north. Just don't nail their heads down.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

I still remember one day when I was hunting across the street with those little .22 C-Bee caps, and shot a squirrel right behind the eye. It rolled the little sucker over, then it got up, shook it's head and ran off. Granted, those aren't very powerful bullets, but it was still awfully impressive. These days, I just like to watch them play in the yard.

Did a lot of trap shooting growing up, so bird hunting is second nature now. They're a whole lot tastier than rats with bushy tails!
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
On Mon, 2 May 2005 07:11:55 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss

I still don't see why that is terribly different than sausage...

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
On Mon, 2 May 2005 07:11:55 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss

Well Andy, something we agree upon. :-)
Add my Bleeachh! to the list.
Just for those who think this is the result of a spoiled, wasteful upbringing, my folks lived through the depression and both grew up on farms where nothing was wasted. However, some of those things were saved as food for the dogs who served to keep watch over home and livestock.

No..let's.
I was told it was made from the Haggis bird. A small bird, incapable of flight, looks somewhat like a penguin..lives on the side of hills. That's why one leg is shorter than the other.
On Sun, 01 May 2005 20:05:44 -0400, the inscrutable Robatoy

That's a gutsy statement, Rob. Reminds me of an old girlfriend, Ilene.
--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! || http://diversify.com
Boycott Baby Oil! || Programmed Websites
novalidaddress@di\/ersify.com wrote:

And her Oriental friend.... Irene.
On Sun, 1 May 2005 14:41:56 -0400, "Norman D. Crow"

I've had Haggis, or at least an Americanized version of it. I can only assume that it was prepared in an alternate way, since it was catered by a local restarant for Robert Burn's night. Not bad, but not very good, either- reminded me of that "Grape Nuts" breakfast cereal. Could be I didn't drink enough Scotch before I had it, though.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
"Prometheus" wrote in message

Haggis is not much different from Cajun boudin, which is made with rice instead of oats. I had the real thing in a little village in Scotland (Carluke) that I used to stay at when I lived in England ... the guy, father of a friend of mine, was the local butcher and had all kinds of exotic (except to a coonass) breakfast concoctions prepared with organ meats of sheep and cows. But then, I grew up eating boudin, with a couple of fried eggs on top, for breakfast almost every morning, so I was right at home.
Then there is "menudo", AKA Mexican roadkill, which it smells like ... but damn it tastes good, providing you can get pass the smell. The country Mexican's squeeze a whole lime in each bowl ... "piquant" comes to mind.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/01/05

What's "boudin" ? If that's anything like French boudin, then it's nothing at all like haggis - it's a blood pudding. However travel south to Lancashire and you'll find it as "black pudding".

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message

As I stated ... basically, Cajun haggis.

Obviously it's not.
Instead of being cooked in a sheep's stomach, boudin is cooked in a sausage casing (modern) or, as with the real stuff when I was younger, pig intestine; instead of oats, rice is used as the filler grain. Various meat and various spices make up the remainder.
They are very similar ... and you can take my word for it, I've enjoyed both on more occasions than you can count.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/01/05

Sounds a pertnear similar to hog maw:

Like I mentioned earlier - looks like a bloated lima bean but tasty.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

There's not enough Scotch in this world to make that even sound good, let alone taste good.

Doug Miller wrote:

That's sort of the way I found out about Aso Adobo. Good, but guilty feeling.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Finally! Someone else who realizes that the fish cheeks are the sweetest part. Small, but worth the effort. Nothing wrong with eyes, they're good on rice. As for the rest, it sounds like what we used to call 4-H fever. The kids would raise the animal, show it at the fair, and be scarred for years when it showed up on a plate.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

Up an'out here, Pacific NW, we have Salmon cheeks that are quite tasty - especially smoked. I'd think trout cheeks would be pretty damn small.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

I know guys who will ONLY eat the cheeks of Bluefish.
Barry
<<Finally! Someone else who realizes that the fish cheeks are the sweetest part. Small, but worth the effort. Nothing wrong with eyes, they're good on rice. >>
You sound like Dr. Yukio Hattori on Iron Chef. <g>
Lee