A funny student story about glue

All you'd have to do is read "Fast Food Nation", and she'd win.

I still eat plenty of meat, but only where I know the source. Fast food scares me for all kinds of reasons, one of which is the local handling of the food. I worked in those places in high school, and Horatio Sans in "Road Trip" had nothing on some of my coworkers!

The French toast scene in "Road Trip" is worth enduring the movie.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

I thought that was Ted Nugent.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

it. To kind of twist what you're talking about...people here don't always know what they're eating.... Factory farm raised meat, bologna, pepperoni, chicken nuggets, etc....I'm very fortunate to have enough connections to buy all farm raised meat that's organic and raised on pasture. I get fish (since my parents sold out years ago) from my brother that comes out of Northern MN, and vegetables from the Amish since our pet pig gets our garden once it's ready every year.

Reply to
janahartzell

Kiwanda wrote in news:Xns9648618DDB20kiwandanospamne@

64.85.239.19:

Uhh, I'm not all that certain there IS a connection between chickens and McNuggets... ;-)

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:31:07 -0400, the inscrutable "Lee Michaels" spake:

One of the funniest skits I've seen and heard was George Wallace (Yeah, the black comedian, not the Georgia racict.) on feeding the homeless. He wanted to give out loaves of bread to the homeless in the parks and have them catch pigeons and make sandwiches, killing two birds (so to speak) with one stone. I couldn't Google a link for it or I would have posted it. His version was a LOT funnier.

--== May The Angst Be With You! ==-- -Yoda, on a bad day --

Ending Your Web Page Angst.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Finally! Someone else who realizes that the fish cheeks are the sweetest part. Small, but worth the effort. Nothing wrong with eyes, they're good on rice. As for the rest, it sounds like what we used to call 4-H fever. The kids would raise the animal, show it at the fair, and be scarred for years when it showed up on a plate.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Kiwanda wrote in news:Xns9648618DDB20kiwandanospamne@

64.85.239.19:

Our 9 year-old granddaughter jokes with all of us, and the 5 year-old doesn't blink an eye, whentalk about the yummy Bambi she just had, and the great Wilbur last night, and the Thumper with lunch. Of course, the food at Mohonk

*is* great, especially when eaten in that great diningroom (sorry no picture of the wood, but pictures of the outside are about to be posted in abpw under Mohonk.)

Reply to
Han

Back in college, I used to work with another college kid, a girl who came from Vietnam with her parents in about '73. She would always bring her lunch from home instead of going out to Pizza Hut or whatever with the rest of us. One day... (me) Hey, Tran, that smells pretty good, what is it? (she) , want to try some? (me) Sure. Hmm.. pretty good. What is that? (she) Oh, that is the stomach of the pig!

If she had told me what it was first - in English - I never would have eaten it. But it was good.

Doug Miller

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:32:38 -0500, the inscrutable Patriarch spake:

I've always referred to them as Chicken McDogNuts. YMMV

---------------------------------------------------------------- "Let's sing praise to Aphrodite ||

She may seem a little flighty, || Full Service Websites but she wears a green gauze nighty, || PHP Applications And she's good enough for me." || SQL Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I know what you mean. I used to frequent a little Vietnamese restaurant in Seattle many years back. I have no idea what I ate there, but it was cheap and good, which was all I cared about.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

"Can you think of any part of a chicken that you could possibly call a 'nugget' that you would want to put in your mouth?" - Guy Kolling -

1979

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Guess you've never had turkey fries then.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Up an'out here, Pacific NW, we have Salmon cheeks that are quite tasty - especially smoked. I'd think trout cheeks would be pretty damn small.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

When I lived in central Pennsylvania decades ago my ex's farm family would make "hogmaw" sort of a corned beef hash looking conglomeration cooked in a pig stomach - always reminded me of a giant lima bean and quite tasty. They also ate "souse," "scrapple," "head cheese," and "blood sausage" - very little of the animal was discarded.

Check out the background pic:

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Well, I keep it to a minimum, but when you're running late and they've got a 60-second drive-through guarantee, it's sometimes hard to pass up. :)

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

Good stuff, there. For my wife, the absolute horror when it comes to things I'd *kill* to eat is sushi- especially the raw flying fish roe, and spider rolls made with an entire crab. She just doesn't know good food when it's looking right at her... The look on her face when I take a bite of the end of a spider roll is just priceless (for those of you who don't get into sushi, the ends of that particular roll have the crab legs, complete with tiny pinchers, sticking out of them. Not the most appealing thing to stare at, but ohhhhhh are they good.)

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

I know guys who will ONLY eat the cheeks of Bluefish.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Nope. I've got a hard and fast rule. If it tastes good and hasn't made me sick, I don't really care how it was made. I'm sure some worthless punk has spit in one dish or another I've eaten at some time, but since I can't tell, I'm not going to worry about it much.

FWIW, I haven't read "Fast Food Nation", but I have read "The Jungle", and if anything could put a guy off his feed- that'd be it.

There are only two fast food places that I'll eat. One is the McDonald's I worked at for a short time in high school, where the manager (who is still there) ran the cleanest restaurant I ever saw, and ruled the kids with an iron grip- and the other is the local Hardee's, which is staffed entirely by cute young girls. Nothing quite like having a pretty little thing hand you a 3/4lb burger... makes up for any uncertainty about the cleanliness of the preparation.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

Prometheus wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I used to have the same opinion. However, the British experience with big- business farming - the re-use of nervous tissue from diseased animals in the feed of healthy animals - has resulted in mad cow disease in people. The idea of some idiot contaminating feed similarly here is scary, especially since the incubation time of variant Jacob-Creutzfeld disease is years, not hours as in "regular" food poisoning. Elk-wasting disease in more and more deer is equally scary.

Nevertheless, Bambi tasted very well recently at Mohonk ...

Reply to
Han

I don't know, he may be giving us a bum steer.

Glen

Reply to
Glen