A funny student story about glue

What's "boudin" ? If that's anything like French boudin, then it's nothing at all like haggis - it's a blood pudding. However travel south to Lancashire and you'll find it as "black pudding".

Reply to
Andy Dingley

As I stated ... basically, Cajun haggis.

Obviously it's not.

Instead of being cooked in a sheep's stomach, boudin is cooked in a sausage casing (modern) or, as with the real stuff when I was younger, pig intestine; instead of oats, rice is used as the filler grain. Various meat and various spices make up the remainder.

They are very similar ... and you can take my word for it, I've enjoyed both on more occasions than you can count.

Reply to
Swingman

Country boy method: Hold squirrel up by skin of back with one hand; with sharp knife, make one slice in skin down toward backbone; insert two fingers of each hand into incision in back skin and pull hands quickly apart; use to knife to cut off head and feet along with parted skin.

You can do it faster than it takes to read the above sentence.

.... skinning a squirrel this way is like taking off your girlfriends pantyhose. Caveat: rabbits can also be skinned this way, but rabbit skin will tear in patches instead of coming off in two pieces like it does with a squirrel, which makes for a mess.

Reply to
Swingman

Hey John - with kids nowadays, it's nice to see that she cares about 'something'.

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Don't forget the Saw Stop - we haven't covered that yet either!

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Probably because you couldn't use it to skin a squirrel ...

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks, Swingman, I'll try that next time and see how it goes. Previously, I've tried to skin them the same way I would a rabbit, and it just hasn't worked too well.

Doug Miller

Be sure to pull with both hands at the same time, one toward the head, the other toward the tail.

One summer, as a youngster of 9 or 10, I imagined I was going to make enough money off of skins (coons, rabbits and squirrels) to buy myself a good shotgun. I spent the summer at my grandparents heavily wooded farm skinning the squirrels like you would a rabbit in an attempt to save the hides in one piece, only to find out that the pelt buyers wouldn't buy "summer" hides that year ... you're right, it is a PITA.

Gave that up and forever went back to the country boy, "meat" hunters squirrel skinning method mentioned.

Reply to
Swingman

Especially when the rabbit is squirming so much eh?

Reply to
Upscale

No, I insist that the meat I eat must be good and dead first.

Doug Miller

must...resist...making...obvious...reference...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Sounds a pertnear similar to hog maw:

Like I mentioned earlier - looks like a bloated lima bean but tasty.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian because I really really really hate plants."

Lee

Reply to
Lee DeRaud

Reply to
Jonah

No way! Just peel them like a sock. A lot like catfish or bullheads, if you're up north. Just don't nail their heads down.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Or any other summer; winter is the time of year to collect fur.

Reply to
D. J. MCBRIDE

Well Andy, something we agree upon. :-)

Add my Bleeachh! to the list.

Just for those who think this is the result of a spoiled, wasteful upbringing, my folks lived through the depression and both grew up on farms where nothing was wasted. However, some of those things were saved as food for the dogs who served to keep watch over home and livestock.

Mark & Juanita

... snip

There's not enough Scotch in this world to make that even sound good, let alone taste good.

Mark & Juanita

If so, *that* is also no bull.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Not always true. Local hide dealers had previously been buying year around to feed the 'coat collar' market/fashion craze after WWII ... in particular anything, like a squirrel hide, that could be doctored to resemble fox.

My nine year old aspirations caught the tail end of the fashion and, not for the first time, were dashed by market place reality.

Reply to
Swingman