A funny student story about glue

BSE, CWD, Kuru, etc. , all seem to involve the same protein mis-fold noted in Alzheimer's, according to one published piece of research.

Reply to
George

On Sun, 01 May 2005 05:27:39 -0500, the inscrutable Prometheus spake:

Whoa, doubletake there. I could have sworn I read "60-second drive-through quarantine" on the first read-through and was impressed that they went that far. I should have known.

The only fast-food restaurant I occasionally partake of is Carl's Jr., and then it's only their fried zucchini, _made_fresh_while_I_wait_!

---------------------------------------------------------------- "Let's sing praise to Aphrodite ||

She may seem a little flighty, || Full Service Websites but she wears a green gauze nighty, || PHP Applications And she's good enough for me." || SQL Database Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Only for American viewers

For the rest of the world she's nakkit...

Reply to
WillR

What you call "elk wasting disease" is called CWD, or chronic wasting disease. Colorado deer have had this disease for years (over 2 decades I believe), but not a single case of CWD has been found in humans, even those who eat CWD positive deer. The Wisconsin DNR is still making a big fuss over CWD in deer here, especially in the SW area of the state where there have been a large number of CWD cases, but its all to naught, IMHO

John

Reply to
John T

You guys are making me hungry:

D. J. MCBRIDE

Here in Texas it's "nekkid."

Reply to
D. J. MCBRIDE

Yup. MacD's are hard to find here, but there seems to be a Carl's on every corner.

Don't know how widespread the chain is, but Farmer Boy's is pretty good too.

Lee

Reply to
Lee DeRaud

John T wrote in news:eq5de.30729$QR1.7738 @fe04.lga:

The cows in Britain got MCD from eating ground up sheep that had died from scrapie, the sheep form of the disease. Man can't get the disease directly from sheep, but passing it through cows was effective, if that's what you want to call it. Therefore, I would still caution against eating *any* animal that died from CWD, or whatever you want to call it. The scary thing about the British CWD was that the incubation time, especially for younger people, was in the order of months to a few years, rather than the

10 plus of "regular" variant CJD.
Reply to
Han

...I thought you all used buck nekkid .....

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

That's sort of the way I found out about Aso Adobo. Good, but guilty feeling.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Only if they's up to somethin'. "Naked" means you don't have any clothes on, "nekkid" means you didn't have any clothes on and you were up to something, "buck nekkid" means that you didn't have any clothes on, you were up to something, and her daddy and his huntin' buddies walked in on you.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Sheeeeit! Y'all don't know the difference 'tween a buck and a doe?

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Yum, yum! Then there's the "cracklin's", the leftover fat tissue after it's been cooked and the lard pressed out. Grandma always keep a big dishpan of it right next to the back door for us to snack out of when she was making lard.

Then of course there's "tripe", which is cow stomach, and can occasionally be found in the markets here. Not to mention beef heart & tongue. Let us not forget "Haggis", which I've never had, but I believe is stuff cooked in a sheep's stomach(UK brethren correct me here, please).

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

than the original artist's songs.

Mark & Juanita

*sigh* I mean, really.....the difference is OBVIOUS

It's either one thing or an udder.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

There IS a connection?

Reply to
Robatoy

I just posted that as well...next time I will read all the replies first..LOL

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Robatoy

The stomach is the cooking vessel. I don't think you actually eat the stomach.

The actual "ingredients" are mutton trimmings, oats, and potatoes, which, while not exactly haute cuisine, aren't terribly different from sausage.

Reply to
Charles Krug