8' long rip on TS

Page 3 of 3

Long straight rip on a TS? The secret is a sharp blade on a well tuned TS, and practice. I generally stand on the left back side of the piece with my left on the side opposite and parallel to the fence and my right hand on the trailing end. Of course it is much easier with a helping hand.
I've seen conical feed rollers that hold the work to the fence, but never paid much

Woodstock W1104 Yellow Anti-Kick Back Board Buddies http://www.tools-plus.com

34" high plane chest sits between my saw and my bench, where it also functions as an infeed table.