OT: Kinda cool way to get busted.

The Toronto Parking Authority are going to be all over this one:

have never used Photobucket for video, so bear with me. ( 6 MB )

Reply to
Robatoy

was funny. Reminds me a little bit about the parking on my street. I live one street north of Bloor and Yonge, one of the busiest intersections in the city, so the parking authority is always on my street towing away cars. In the summertime, I like sitting out front of my building and watching them work.

The fastest I've seen a car towed was three minutes flat from the time the tow truck arrived to watching it head down the street with the car in tow.

Reasonably often, I've seen it where there's been no cars parked on the street, but five or six tow trucks stacked like cordwood, waiting for a car to tow. Makes me think of vultures lined up waiting for some prey to die.

Reply to
Upscale

When I was in Germany in the mid-90s, I saw a Jeep Cherokee get literally picked up by a flatbed truck using a small crane mounted near the cab. I thought that was pretty clever.

This one beats that pretty handily, though.

-Nathan

Reply to
N Hurst

No chop shop will want to be without one. :)

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Sounds like the ambulance service here in Baja... Call 911 and every ambulance in town responds.. First one on scene that gets you in the rig is the one that gets paid.. Must be a bitch if someone needs them somewhere else 5 minutes later ..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Reminds me of another ambulance story. Sydney seniors would call for an ambulance complaining about chest pains. After they were dropped off at the hospital, they would leave the emergency and walk across the street to do some shopping, idea being they would save gas or transportation costs.

then there are, or were the people who deliberately run out of gas so they can call the auto club and be towed the rest of the way.
't know how true all this stuff is, but it sure gives one a unique perspective into the human psyche.

Reply to
Upscale

What? You still need an ambulance? But I thought you left the US.

:-b

Reply to
-MIKE-

There was a story I read by an A&E doctor about a particular "client" who lived very close to the hospital. He would go into town, enjoy a night out and then be "ill" to get a free ride back home. Anyway, said gentleman was well known to the ambulance crews so one night they took him to a different hospital miles away.

He didn't try it again :-)

Reply to
Stuart

Man, that's what I was thinking.