old 1973 Lennox oil burner (OHP30C-8) that I need to replace the electrodes on.

I have an old 1973 Lennox oil burner (OHP30C-8) that I need to replace the electrodes on. I contacted Lennox who abruptly told me that I needed to contact one of their distributors the phone numbers of which were provided. I contacted 2 of these distributors and was told that they would not provide the information and offered to I have one of their servicemen inspect the burner and replace the electrodes at a service fee of $89 plus parts. I told them what they could do with their parts. After spending several hours on the internet I found a helpfull company that informed me that their records showed three different electrodes (one right and one left) for the Lennox OHP30C-8. These were: M7509, M7510, M7612, M7613, M7658, and M7659. The lengths of these are 7", *' and 5". Does it matter which of these I use or can I use anyone of them? Lastly who makes these electrodes and where can I buy them on the internet?

Reply to
Bubbly Bob

OHP30C-8 is actually the model of the oil pump. You can go to

They carry Lennox replacement parts. Those "M" parts numbers are not Lennox part numbers. Their parts are two numbers,a letter and additional numbers: such as : 28g4678. Hope this helps. You have to use the correct parts. Do not install parts that are not the correct size: this could lead to serious injuries and or damage to the equipment and your home. If you don't know how to correctly adjust the electrodes and air for proper combustion, you could wind up with carbon monoxide to deal with. if this is the case I would suggest you pay the service call fee.

Reply to
stanhvac1