Subject Author Posted Replies

Craftsman Lathe Tailstock
I'm new to woodworking and particularly turning. I recently purchased an old craftsman lathe with a good motor. It is missing the pointed piece that actually holds the tail end of the wood on the...
7
7

Would anybody want an old maple tree?
Ok, I've searched and only found posts 10 yrs old or so on here, so figured I'd post my own and see if responses would change. I have an older maple tree in my back yard (a silver maple, I believe)...
12
12

Building a door
Pardon the repost... it's been 24 hours and it still has not shown up: I am wrapping up a bedroom remodel and have yet to build the passage and two closet doors. I am building rather than buying...
9
9

Where is everybody?
Has the group been very quiet lately or is my ISP dropping messages? In the past week or so, the usual dozens of messages a day have fallen off to just a few per day, at least on my ISP's server....
8
8

Furniture Scale
Alright, in the interest of promoting some postings and discussion; here is a topic I don't think has been addressed. We all know that furniture scale to human dimensions is important, particularly...
4
4

HF tool smell
Geez, I happened to be in HF twice in the last couple of weeks and boy I pity those folks. The smell is just so bad. And the tools I bought there (simple measuring tapes) continue to stink up my desk....
45
45

Craftsman 15in variable speed wood lathe
Does anyone have any experience with this tool? Any good or bad points? If not this one, any other Craftsman lathes? There is one listed on Craigslist in my area. Thanks for any advise
2
2

message volume
Is it my ISP or has traffic in this newsgroup dropped? I used to see over 100 messages a day, now it's down around 50-60. This used to be one of the few newsgroups that didn't drop off in the summer...
25
25

interior door questions
I am wrapping up a bedroom remodel and have yet to build the passage and two closet doors. I am building rather than buying because I would like them to match the rest of the (1860 vintage) house....

O.T. Beware at H.D.
Type your message here.
6
6

Tree Fort
Am planning to build a tree fort for the grand kids in the shape of a triangle. Side A will be 11' long, side B 10' long and side C about 14' long. Want to use 2 x 10 for these three sides with 2 x 6...
4
4

PC 690 Combo-base router
I've got that set that came with a plunge and fixed base, and man is it a pain to switch back and forth between them. As such, I just bought another 690 router body (6902) for $69 on Amazon. I haven't...
7
7

Tannin
Where is a source of inexpensive tannin? All I have found so far is pricey, reagent or lab grade stuff. I've seen what look like 1 pounds plastics bags in a crafts video so I know it's available...
6
6

Epoxy for holes in trim
I caught a part of "This old house" and they were using epoxy to fill some holes in the outside trim around the windows. Didn't see the whole show. Has anyone ever done this? I can replace the trim...
3
3

help with angle cut on table saw
I'm making a 4 foot tall triangular structure. Each side of the triangle structure is a separate piece. All 3 pieces will eventually be joined at each point of the triangle. Each side of the triangle...
6
6