Where is everybody?

Has the group been very quiet lately or is my ISP dropping messages? In the past week or so, the usual dozens of messages a day have fallen off to just a few per day, at least on my ISP's server.

Reply-to address is real John

Reply to
John

I don't know. However, roadrunner and comcast recently announced they would stop providing NNTP service. I had to find another server. I'm using GLORB.com for $10 a year.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

Here I is. I've been hiding behind the table saw in front of the lathe.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

The good thing is the spammers seem to have gone away too.

John wrote:

Reply to
mapdude

My hope is that now that some of you in colder climates have thawed out, more folks are in the shop and less on their computers..

OTOH, my guess would be that the when the big ISPs dropped this or all newsgroups, only the hardcore folks found other newsgroup feeds..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Traffic drops a lot in the summer...

Lawn mowing gardening vacations

John wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

Reply to
mapdude

mapdude wrote in news:boSdnVkBap8i0ujVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Anyone else thinking about running lights out to the garden so they can enjoy the wRECk during the heat of the day (when you want to be either asleep or in the air conditioning)?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Neighbors really think your a bit odd when you do......But for years (before getting sick) because of work and sleep demands much of my yard work was after dark...it takes some effort to control glare and shadows. Back when the kids were still kids, I and a friend built a wood platform/playhouse and

17 ft slide, much of it after dark.....one night at 2am it dawned on us that maybe a framing hammer and skill saw at that hour was not quite respecting my neighbors (no complaints though)...nonetheless for ever more I've been a bit more noise conscious. Old habits die hard, as last week I was potting plants at midnight mostly to avoid the heat of the day and to get the dang things done. Rod
Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo