Subject Author Posted Replies

Lumber Price Calculator
I posted this before, but I improved it by adding more lines and added a column for =91number of boards=92. I also added a column for the item description =91part=92 (i.e. leg, rail, top, etc.) If you...
1
1

new table saw vs new fence system
I have a very old craftsman table saw the the fence system requires hammering to move it. I am looking at new table saws in the $550 price range vs replacing the fence system. Mine looks a lot like...
21
21

Multistar chuck and accessories
Listing today on EBay Multistar chuck with extra jaws, mounting plates etc. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150523817039&ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT...
4
4

OT: Cracking up again.....
Some stuff hits me funny. This did: http://www.wimp.com/reliantrobin/
49
49

O/T: An Extended Meaning
The word "Crisp" has many meanings that I associate with it. Crisp bacon, crisp lettuce, crisp fall air, come to mind, but tonight "Crisp" was given a whole new meaning for me. Two/Three feet of new...
36
36

Cutting board knot hole filler
Thank you all for the thoughts and insights. Surprisingly, the wood has some 'sentimental' value. Comes from a tree in the back yard. So I don't want to trash it. I'm going to do the rout-out and plug...
19
19

Floor to ceiling, wall to wall bookcase advice....
Tight budget, and I'm a novice diy'er. My wife wants my to build a wall to wall bookcase that is floor to ceiling. There will actually be 3 sections because we want the end sections to have...
25
25

Card Scraper Holder - Ping Josh
Josh, A couple of weeks ago I saw one of your comments about card scrapers. I have had the same problem with thumbs tiring and getting hot. I build a holder for mine as I am too cheap I (call it...
2
2

ungluing elmer's glue all
Need to join several small joints less than permanently to facilitate repairs (wood encased homebrew guitar pickups). Elmer's glue all seems right, i.e. just weak enough for the job. How to take apart...
7
7

Delta 15" Planer
Model: 22-790X - Assembling planer onto the mobile base The installation instructions don't state whether the mobile base is to be attached/secured to the planer unit, with screws or other means, OR...
9
9

HF Multifunction tool
Just a heads up for anyone considering the HF MF tool. They have a coupon in the after-Thanksgiving flyer for the base model for $19.99. Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same...
15
15

A refinishing question
About 10 years ago a made a dresser from red oak to match in as much detail as possible an existing red oak dresser in our bedroom. Time has passed and we moved the original red oak furniture out to...
18
18

Milwalkee 12" sliding mitre saw
HD in Canada has a deal on with a new product they just got in. It swings from +/-55 degree each side. Some digital gauge built into it...didn't see it function Soft start 3200 RPM Easy to adjust...
16
16

Anant Bull Nose Rabbet Plane
Anant Model #77 (not the tiny A77). I was thinking of getting one of those for myself for Christmas for shaving large tenons/shoulders. I don't have a block plane, I suppose the #77 might work in a...
31
31

OT news reader iPhone app
I have not been able to post to the rec on my pc. I found this iPhone app yesterday that is easy and free. If your interested type in news reader in the app store. Thanks for all the well wishes for...
2
2