$359 miter gage

Do we need a $359 miter gage? If so, this might be it.
I saw an article about this guy in the Popular Mechanics mag but I've never seen the tool.
http://www.salazarsolutions.com/promiter.php
The video shows the guy setting his blade angle with it. Pretty cool.
Oh....it tells you the temperature too.
Mike O.
Mike O. wrote:

When you look at the photos page -- the bottom picture (the cross-cut demo), it appears that he is about to slice into that nice mitre gage.

Or you could look into the $79.99 version http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00929939000P?vName=Tools&amp;amp;cName=Power+Tool+Accessories&amp;amp;keyword=miter+gauge

Those are so much alike I had to go back and read the PM article again. Sure enough it reads "which he recently licensed to Sears Craftsman." I should pay more attention.
I'm glad I didn't buy one!!
Mike O.

A precision mater gauge and the inventor uses a framing square and the blade to calibrate a 90 degree cut. I think if he knew what he was doing he would be using the miter slot to calibrate the gauge. The gauge really should be calibrated to its slide path rather than a blade that may not be parallel to the miter slot. I think I would opt for the Sears version at less than 1/4 the price.
Leon wrote:

Great point.
A quarter's worth of MDF... Calibration! <G>