Subject Author Posted Replies

RE: Mystery Tool
As you can see, John is looking for some help. Lew --------------------------------------------------------- My GF's brother sent me these photos of a mysterious tool . Looks handy for pulling on all...
10
10

learned a new use for an old word
was looking all over for the shelf brackets that use small clips you squeeze the clip and it fits in to the bracket there are 4 brackets for each shelving unit the shelf ends rest on two clips so...
3
3

Ping Swingman
Thank you for your links for some of the work you have done. I was going through your cabinetry work as I am in the process of redoing my Kitchen, and updating features as well. I noticed in 2008, in...
2
2

Wow, is this safe?
... or efficient? (using a jointer to taper legs)
61
61

H. O. Studley tool cabinet
Massachusetts piano maker Henry O. Studley built his magnificent tool chest in the 19th century using ebony, mother-of-pearl, ivory, rosewood, and mahogany - refining it over the course of a 30-year...
1
1

A bit OT, A rant about tool web sites
Well I have decided to order a new speed controller for my Triton router. Unfortunately doing so is done through a web site that offers no means of communications other than e-mail. The web site has...
21
21

Pritzlaff and Fulton hand planes
Any thoughts on the quality of these planes? Would you say better or worse than Stanley? Thanks!
3
3

Bosch Combi Elektrowerkzeug MHD
Yesterday at an estate sale, I purchased a very nice mini woodworking shop- in-a-box. This Bosch set includes a small electric motor that powers a mini table saw, drill press, belt sander,...
1
1

brackets that allow easy removal
not sure what the proper search term is so maybe if i figure that out i will be able to find what i need i am looking for small brackets that connect two pieces of wood but allow them to be...
11
11

OT: Craigslist question
Does anyone here think this is worth $750.00? http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/atq/5272508328.html
26
26

Unexpected Woodworking sighting
Visited the Detroit Institute of Arts this week. It's located in the heart of Detroit, obviously. They had numerous beautiful woodworking projects to look at, especially if you include picture frames....
1
1

Tried & True finishes
Has anyone here had any experience with "Tried and True" finishes? They are based on polymerised linseed oil but are non-toxic before and after curing. One uses very, very little and they appear to...
18
18

HF borescope?
HF has this inspection camera on sale for $66: Anyone have any experience with this unit? I have a jammed drawer in a china cabinet and need to do some laproscopic surgery to open it. Larry
7
7

K & F Band Saw
How good are the band saws from K & F? I have an opportunity to buy one but uncertain of the overall integrity as well as ability to find parts.
4
4

Polishing a Saw
I was cutting up a log with a regular hand saw, and noticed how nicely the saw cut early in the cut. Later in the cut it was still cutting ok, but just not as nicely. The saw is a patinaed brown, and...
13
13