Ping Swingman

Thank you for your links for some of the work you have done. I was going through your cabinetry work as I am in the process of redoing my Kitchen, and updating features as well.

I noticed in 2008, in a rather fine home, that the wall cabinets appeared to come out the full width of the Soffit, not counting the one over the desk. And that you put molding on the cabinets as well.

I was considering doing the same thing, for a couple reasons, one being the extra inch in storage. I noticed in my home that the soffit's were not particularly straight so that molding would be required to keep the eye from seeing that.

I was wondering if that was part of your reasoning for using the molding there as well, and any other ideas you had regarding the installation of those cabinets.

It is the home that also has crown molding above the cabinetry as well.

The other thing which is OT for sure, is your Swing Country Band, do you have video's of garage sessions, even to just kick back hanging and playing? I enjoy swing of all types, never heard "country" though. Swing bands out here played mainly to the young but it seems a huge bunch of old codger's attended your gig's. A lot of bands grow out of garage vid's as they can develop quite a following as well as people seeing the interaction of the sessions develop a family type familiarity with the artists.

Reply to
No Pet

I built the house, and designed, built and installed the kitchen, so I had a lot of control over all the elements and how they fit together, from framing the house, to the trim on the cabinets.

Perhaps if you see the completed, and populated, open kitchen concept I envisioned at the time, as an single entity, it will give you a better understanding of why the crown molding, and cabinet molding was done as it was:

The idea was both separate, and tie together, the living area and the kitchen space.

I don't know how well I accomplished that, but the house sold, with three bids on it, immediately ... and this was 2008. :)

We never rehearsed. LOL

However, there are some videos on YouTube of WRB playing the West Texas Western Swing Festival in Snyder, Texas, which we did for a number of years.

They were taken with a single camera from the house mixing position in the audience, so you can't see audience, or the dance floor full of hundreds of folks from all over the world who come to dance to that particular type of music.

This is my youtube channel, so you should be able to find them here:

Swingman

Wouldn't do any good for a drummer to rehearse anyway (:

Reply to
dadiOH