Subject Author Posted Replies

Hardwood Flooring
I just took delivery of 1,000 sq feet of unfinished flooring for my den project. Have a mositure content metor, but I'm not sure what to compare the moisture content to. Any suggestions? Without a...
2
2

Fiddlehead Table Plans
Does anyone have, or know where I can find/purchase, plans for a fiddlehead end table? I've searched around quite a bit and can't seem to find any. Thanks.

Sharpening Jointer knives
Agreed, which is basically what I said. Basically the hollow grind on the jointer knife would not be utilized at all. But then there was the comment that the sole purpose of the hollow grind was speed...
15
15

Workshop Uses for Garbage Disposal?
I have a "new" garbage disposal (a cheapo Insinkerator Badger1 that I got during a white goods pickup recently) that I don't want to install in my home (we're on a septic, and we've been fine without...
11
11

Are Panasonic drills THAT good
While 18V is usually overkill for most woodworking, I'd never go so low as a 9.6V driver, that's just too little power. What I usually use is my 14V Hitachi and it works like a charm, I've got 3...
24
24

OT / subversive
Definitely going to give that a try. Thanks!!
63
63

FS? Rockwell 18" Wedge Bed Planer
I have a line on a Rockwell 18" Wedgebed planer, I'm more interested in buying to resell. Anyone looking for such a beastie in nice condition with the knife grinder? I would be willing to broker the...

SCMI Mini Max S45 Bandsaw
Bob, I thought I was pretty clear that I was not going after Mark and that I agreed that he was pretty knowledgeable. I also added my poor experience with MiniMax but also indicated that I still...
4
4

sanding disc for table saw
Where can I find a sanding disc that I can glue abrasive discs to that fits a 10"table saw?
12
12

looking for 3x3 cherry in Ohio
Paxtojn in Cincinnati.
4
4

ply grades & edge molding
Looking at some red oak ply that I need both sides good. Grades available are B2, A2, A1 and plain slice and rotary slice. What do they mean?? Next question is I need to put an edge molding over some...
3
3

Book recommendations
Broad area this woodworking thing - solid wood furniture, ply and face frame cabinets, turning, carving, sculpture, . . . Then there's hand tools vs power tools, maintenance, sharpening, . . . For...
14
14

Shaker-style utility table
I made a Shaker-style utility table with two drawers. It is made from pine and I turned two birch knobs for it. I used a wood conditioner and used a honey gel stain--no blotches(!). My question is how...
3
3

word play iii/xvii
Bee: Again. Baring: Poetics. Finding: A farm.
2
2

FS Record Planes
my listing, no connection. Sounds like it might be a good deal if it is accurate. http://newjersey.craigslist.org/tls/301270334.htmlNot