sanding disc for table saw

Where can I find a sanding disc that I can glue abrasive discs to that fits a 10"table saw?

Reply to
Norman

Googling 'table saw sanding disc' turns up Woodcraft, CMT, Price Cutter, and Eagle America in the first page of results.

Reply to
Andy

The Cutting Edge, Houston, Texas

Reply to
Leon

Sears used to sell a pretty heavy duty disk as a Craftsman Product. Don't know if it is still available but it was pretty decent when I bought it (many years ago).

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Yes, these were 2 degree angled sanding disks. When you installed it in the table saw you tilted the arbor 2 degrees, this brought the top center of the disk to 90 degrees to the table. You were able to feed wood between the disk and the fence and true up the edge while sanding it. Worked great, left no circular sanding marks but threw off clouds of dust.

Reply to
EXT

"Norman" wrote in news:1175056301.193464.197250 @n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

I have that old Craftsman disk. Don't think I ever used it, but it must be over 20 years old.

Bought an oscillating spindle sander whatchamacallit from Ridgid. It's much easier to have dedicated equipment.

If you really want that disk, I can possibly find it and send it to you for $10 + shipping.

Reply to
Han

Reply to
K & D Rossi

i'll take it if the op doesn't.

remove nospam. to reply

regards, charlie cave creek, az

Reply to
charlie

I've got one from them that isn't angled. The grit is sintered right into the disk. Used it a lot before I got the JET.

Reply to
George

I have, and regularly use, the one Woodcraft[1] sells. I also bought the sand paper for it from Woodcraft as well. I didn't realize it when I bought it, but if you buy two different grits of paper, you can stick them on either side of the disk.

[1]:
Michael Faurot

And if the two sides per disk are not enough you can lay out two sanding disks on top of each other and cut out center circles.....mix and match the two different grits and glue up on each side......when sanding simply direct the material to the appropriate location on the disk......Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

Sears still sells a 10" disk but it's flat on both sides now, not angled.

Reply to
scouter3

The one I got from Woodcraft is angled on one side, but only very slightly.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf