10" TS blades

Page 3 of 3
On 10/12/12 8:07 AM, Swingman wrote:

I have the same blade, the LM74R010. They do make a thin kerf version, LM75R010, but with the thinner plate, I would not want to use it and I really doubt it would yield the same results no matter how perfect the table saw was set up.
I have noticed that you can still get burn marks on the fence side of the cut with the full kerf blade if you stall the feed rate anywhere in the cut. I think that's probably just the nature of the beast, however. I try to make sure I can get an uninterrupted feed for anything on which I need a "finished" surface.
--

-MIKE-

Angle grinder.
Wilfred Xavier Pickles wrote:

Speculation would be "little to none" with the info you gave. If you had said how many teeth and what grind, it would have helped (I looked, couldn't find the special at Rockler).
If the crosscut blade has more teeth than your current one, it will probably make a smoother crosscut.
If the rip blade has 24 or 30 flat top teeth (not ATB or TCG) it will probably rip better.
Of course, you either have to change blades for different cuts or accept less than optimal results. I like to use a rip blade on my table saw and a crosscut blade on the RAS. I do crosscuts on the TS too when I don't want/need the slightly improved cross cut results from the RAS.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Wilfred Xavier Pickles wrote:

About the same difference as the difference between an occasionally-used 10-year old razor blade and a new one.
Sounds like a good deal, provided they have the tooth geometry for the material you plan to work with. You can always find out by visiting their web site. They have a host of information to guide you to the right blade for the job. I love Freud blades. I've never had one that didn't do exactly what it was designed for, and provide better than expected results.

I have a Freud 10" dado set I hate. Partly because it is 10" and not 7" like my old set. It's way harder to set up than my old set, and doesn't cut any better. Only thing I like about it is it's carbide.
--
Jack

I splurged and got there adjustable set, so far very happy with it.
Mike M
On 10/13/2012 12:57 PM, Mike M wrote:

I've been using the dial-a-width 8" Freud set for a few years, and literally thousands of linear feet of dadoes, and could not be happier with the set. My beloved Amana dado stack and shims were put away and have not seen the light of day since.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010