Wired Alarm Panels

are these prone to RFI problems?

Over a week or so my alarm has been triggering on the 24 hour side and its triggered 3 times randomly, I'm thinking if the 24 hour was faulty the system would repeatedly be present every time I issued a reset on the panel.

Thanks.

Reply to
George

loose joint. check them all.

Reply to
dennis

Also think back to the beginning of the incidents. Was anyone doing any DIY or anything else which might have damaged one of the cables?

Did you start using any new piece of electronics?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Reply to
mmzz

Also, as a temp to prove your theory right or wrong, open the panel and bridge the 24hour tamper circuit. This should show whether or not the problem is panel based or externally to it.

Is there any doors being closed with force when the alarm is triggered. May be a loose cover on a detector, or wiring in a door contact.

Reply to
SantaUK

Especially if its only happen on really warm days. I had this on a job once, and it turned out that the plastic was stretching slightly, and that stretching was enough for the bell tamper to open as it was only touching the wall by a fraction. So def worth checking out.

Reply to
SantaUK

Cheers for the input.

I'm doing and isolation elimination,I've put the link back in the panels 24 hour terminals and will have to wait now to see if it still triggers? This will then prove whether its the anti tamper on the bell or panel?

Cheers.

Reply to
George

In my experience it's not the panel that picks up the RFI, it's the PIRs that pick it up and close their contacts.

Reply to
Graham.

Possibly Graham,but in this case they wont be the problem as the contacts in these PIR's are just a contact and have no association with the PIR's circuitry ie when the PIR's cover goes over it just closes the loop.

Reply to
George