Smoke Alarm Problems

Hi,

Had a First Alert battery powered Smoke alarm on the second floor of my Colonial. At night, for the first time ever, it gave a few beeps, then nothing from then on.

It is summer, and I would estimate the ceiling was perhaps around 80 degrees or so. Replaced it with a new Kidde Smoke alarm. Their good one.

Same thing. At night, it gives a few beeps, then is quiet for the rest of the night.

Very disturbing.

Any thoughts on what might be happening ?

Do these things get funny at only 80-85 degrees ? Doesn't seem all that hot

Bob

Reply to
Robert11

An alarm is a constant signal, low battery is beeps.

Reply to
m Ransley