When did red BS1362 fuse colour coding come in?

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Nightjar saying something like:

I only recall 5A being black.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

This seems to indicate that all values are ASTA approved

source, this time a Chinese manufacturer :)

ASTA approved at 1A but not BSI approved...

The Other Mike

No, 3A was definitely blue in the 1960s, IME. I think the change to red took place in the 1970s. Perhaps it was when the flex colour code changed from red/black/green - not sensible to have a blue (neutral) coded item in the line conductor.

Original, as in 1947? Like others I've never seen colours other then blue, red, brown and black, and I've never seen blue being anything other than 3 amp.

Reply to
Andy Wade