Colour of red plug

I know there is considerable knowledge here about obscure details. Scolmore make a red socket (standard) and a red plug (non-standard), thus incompatible. MK make a red plug (standard). I have a Scolmore socket. Does anyone know if the red MK plug is the same or similar shade of red?

Reply to
Scott

I bet the plug pin is fileable

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I'm sure this would contravene some aspect of Wiring Regs.

Reply to
Scott

This thread reminded me of something Woolworth used to sell that I have used when I could see. You could get a pack of 13amp plugs all different colours, back in the days when they were not fitted of course. Red, yellow Blue and Green. Ideal for all those power supply leads that disappear between shelves. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I have a number of those plugs. Made by Volex. Mine were free, as they'd been used for testing (one part of my father's job was manager over the test lab).

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Assuming you can remember what colour goes where. ;-) I prefer a Dymo label these days.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I had a white one disintegrate on a steamer once, so I opened the drawer below and found a yellow one. I don't know where it came from, but it was one of the old type without sleeving on the L and N pins. I'd never seen a coloured plug before (unless you regard cream or black as colours).

Reply to
Max Demian

Doesn't stick well on all plugs though. I use Sipa paint markers or Tulip fabric paint.

Reply to
newshound

The flexible nylon dymo tape sticks much better to curved surfaces and doesn't peel off after a few months.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Probably not to 'rubber' plugs. But does to the fairly standard hard plastic types.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The Brother label makers work well, and even come in a variety of colours. I've had no problem with 'stickitivity'.

Reply to
S Viemeister

A red one used to be made that had no fuse. We used it for portable Xray machines.

Reply to
harry

There seems to be a 'Hospital Property' one and a standard one.

Reply to
Scott

The traditional, thick, plastic Dymo-tape that you punched letters into didn't stick well and often tried to lift in the middle and curl up. The modern (thermal?) printing type with the thin, flexible tape seems to stick very well.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

What I meant. Haven't seen the punch type for ages.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Do you remember the coin in the slot label makers you found in stations, etc? Embossed aluminium?

How things have moved on with the printer ones. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)