faintly red colour cast today

Have you got the red mist? Not rage, dust from the Sahara apparently. I first noticed that the world was tinged pink when I came indoors and wondered why the kitchen lights seemed vaguely green. The sun has a weird reddish glow surrounding it. The sky, when you look at it, is a bit pink.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes I'd noticed that the shafts of light falling on my desk and floor were a pinkish hue

Reply to
Andy Burns

Extremely weird, at times. A bit Scandanavian, I thought.

Reply to
newshound

Sun?

There is sun?

Not round here today there isn't.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Indeed. Goes well with the autumn colours, here in Sheffield at least

Reply to
RJH

Your favourite source of news offers an explanation

Robin

Ireland and west country reporting a yellowish sky as Ophelia draws near

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's like being on Mars. It's just ridiculous. I've complained to the council.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Tharsis Unitary?

Reply to
Robin

yep, it's yellowed here now (east mids)

Reply to
Andy Burns

In Bristol it's the colour of milky tea.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Oh I know! I'll never go back to Mars unless they do something about their light quality...

Reply to
Muddymike

More widespread than that. It is uniform dark yellow thick cloud over North Yorkshire and it has been getting denser since this morning. It makes the grass and orange tiled roofs look positively luminous.

Breeze is getting up a bit but nothing too serious so far. It was almost eerily calm here until lunchtime. Big trees are still in full leaf so it could do a lot of damage if the wind really gets up.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Very gloomy here in N Yorks, It was very misty earlier but that's lifted a little now, very odd light though.

I blame the new array of solar panel Lord Bolton has put in the old quarry near me. They are sucking up all a lot of our sunlight...

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Just looked here. Suffolk. VERY milky tea. It's gone from sunny to a dead flat 10/10 overcast.

15 miles away Mildenhall airbase reports no cloud at all. 1012mb pressure wind light 23 C wind south, 15mph

Cripes the air is warm

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've noticed a similar cast on the light prior to an eclipse in the past. All the birds go quiet too.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Since its not political, teher is a fair chance it is the correct explanation.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I just want to know how many Arabs have hitched a ride with their 'mary poppins' sunshades...

seriously, plagues of locusts anyone?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yiu may get a very bad passage up there mate. Seriuosly, take precautions

Due to hit tonight/tomorrow morning I think

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They will be a bunch of reds , so they won't help you.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg