Swaged tubular sections

Umm, as the title? Looking for swaged steel tube, preferable about 80cm length and 1 -

1.5mm wall. Diameter, 25-40mm mild steel (if you can suggest chromed section though)
Reply to
Clint Sharp

If it was narrower , tent pole makers.

At that diameter sleeving a pipe one inside other and spot welded in?

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

What sort of diameter would I need to go down to to get them from a tent pole manufacturer do you think?

That'd work too, I'd thought of that but wasn't able to find tubes that were a close fit, I might have to look harder if I can't find swaged ones to suit

Reply to
Clint Sharp

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Clint Sharp saying something like:

Exhaust system makers.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

Ahh, damn good idea... well done that man, there's a place near here that does custom ones I think

Reply to
Clint Sharp

And if that doesn't work, speak to an antenna manufacturer/supplier. I have a set of poles similar to what you describe (they're about 1.5 meters long).

Reply to
Huge