Velcro as strong as steel!

Because it's MADE out of steel - with a holding force of 38 tons per sq meter.

One proposed use is to hold cars together, which would make replacing a damaged quarter-panel pretty easy.

Reply to
HeyBub

D*mn! I wish I knew about this stuff yesterday.

My daughter went back to college with a little corner shelf I made so she can put her clock radio on the wall above her bunk bed. Since she can't put holes in the wall, I sent some self-stick velcro along and she mounted it that way. This steel stuff would have been even better.

When we moved her in we had trouble finding a spot for her 13 in TV where both she and her roomate could see it. I just sent her the pop- sci link suggesting we could use the steel velcro to hang it from the ceiling!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I don't think it is that strong. If my math is correct bond strength parallel is less than 60 psi which is zilch in terms of steel strength.

Reply to
Frank

And when you bend yours up, just pull into any mall parking lot, RIIIP!, and away you go! :^/

-- aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

That is absotively evil. Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
1D10T

on 9/8/2009 12:05 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:

They glue the panels nowadays.

Reply to
willshak

Heck, aren't airliners glued together?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

New college prank. Professor walks out and finds his car denuded. As bad as the VW Bug balanced on the 50gal drum.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yeah, I don't think I'd exactly call that "strong as steel".

38 tones per square METER? That's about 50 pounds per square inch (someone said 60, but that would be 38 tons per square yard).

Strong steel is 35 tons per square INCH (tensile strength), about

1,500 times stronger.
Reply to
Larry The Snake Guy

There seems to be a slight exaggeration here. 38 tons per square yard is about 50 pounds per square inch. Mild steel IIRC is rated about

60,000 pounds per square inch.
Reply to
Larry W