tubular heaters

I'm thinking of making a kennel for the mutt inside the utillity room which is seperate from the house and adding a 45w 1 ft tube heater on a timer inside it, will it be OK enclosed in this way? Kannel will be left over kingspan (65mm) sandiched between sommat, shoud help break the chill as its getting colder and he's getting on.

size would be 36" X 24" X 24" ish

Reply to
Staffbull

Why not just let him stay in the house ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

As well as the timer, you should consider fitting a thermostat if the dog can come into contact with the heater.

A frost-stat would be suitable.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

45w hopelessly inadequte I'd say.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I'd be silly, and go the UFH route.

4" slab of concrete, with the heater at the bottom on a thermostat.
Reply to
Ian Stirling

With 65mm kingspan surrounding the mutt then further heating should be unnecessary.

Reply to
<me9

not a beleiver of dogs sleeping in the house, he only sleeps outside though, in when we are here

Reply to
Staffbull

in such a small enclosure it should be ample

Reply to
Staffbull

Will you be teaching him how to adjust the stat? :-)

Mike

Reply to
MikeH

in an open entranced kennel not a chance. Let us know what temp you get in winter.

NT

Reply to
meow2222