stainless steel - what grit to take out scratches

Anyone know which grit paper I need to get some scratches out of the extractor hood we have ? they all seem to have the same "grain" to all makes used in kitchen bits'n bobs

Reply to
Staffbull

I'd have thought 800-1000 wouldn't be too far off the mark for the brushed effect.

-- Mike W

Reply to
visionset

Cheers, hlafords it is tomorrow :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

Agreed, but the only way to achieve a perfect smear free finish on stainless steel afterwards is Johnsons Baby Oil. Strange but true.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

T-cut ain't bad either...to get it shiny before you cut back the brushing.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I can second that .A little on cotton wool pad .

Reply to
Stuart

It might work but saying its the "only way" is the kind of crap Dr Dribble comes out with!

Reply to
Matt