skip diving - whats the best you have rescued?

It was you then.

I was undertaking (no pun intended) an old bloke on a motability scooter by my illegal use of the hard shoulder when you passed me.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

There's a junction nar here where a 2 lane dual carriageway junction is joined for a bridge by another lane going on for half a mile to the next junction. Most joining who want to go on past the next junction just pull out regardless of traffic in lane 2 being overtaken by lane 3 traffic.

(colleague ran out of petrol on the following 2 lane section. By the time he got assistance his car had been run into by seven other vehicles and was written off.)

Motorways have a hard shoulder that can be (and is allowed to be) a continuation of the joining lane if there isn't a gap to safely filter into.

Reply to
<me9

Thanks Geoff. I'm now on the case.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Smoking is not a crime if the cigarette if it is not smoked in an enclosed public place. There are also no laws as to how many cigarettes a person may choose to smoke in a day.

As for ripping old ladies off. Have you got any proof that TMH has done that?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , ARWadsworth writes

So you met dennis as well then

LIST MEET!

Reply to
geoff

In message , ARWadsworth writes

Dennis lives in drivelworld

Any resemblance to real life events is purely co-incidental

Reply to
geoff

Which offense? I can see the ISP themselves being required to keep customers' personal information private, but that's not the question.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Verdon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

They obviously knew you, at least by reputation.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Stephen Howard saying something like:

I genuinely laughed like a drain at that.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

"dennis@home" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Yes, claimed. Message-ID: "There is a minimum speed that vehicles must be able to do before they can use the motorway."

There's plenty of other reasons why it is, though.

So where's this generic all-classes-of-vehicle 40kph figure come from, then?

Reply to
Adrian

In article , dennis@home scribeth thus

If .. your actually -moving- on the A14 then consider that a good thing;)....

Reply to
tony sayer

Dont do it.

I got reported by some dyed in the wool far right Xtian republican for saying GW Bush was a complete wanker who would ruin america, and justify it with belief in God..

Usnet is free for all. Sure Dennis is a total wanker, but let him have his fun.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Coming up with examples of silly driving behavior doesn't convince me that its illegal to drive at 45 mph on a motorway. An example of someone being done for driving at 45 mph might. Until then it will get the same consideration as anything geoff or TMH post, i.e. not much.

Reply to
dennis

If he were stupid enough to actually try and do me for libel I would have to comb through his accounts and see. As it is he is the only one that actually posted that and not I. He is starting to annoy me and I may well take action to prevent it if he continues with his childish behavior.

Reply to
dennis

That's the problem with Believers - they can't see the obvious truth. Bush has exceeded your prediction by a goodly margin!

Keeps us amused (FSV of amused).

Reply to
PeterC

Its personal if it leads to the ability to identify someone. That's what personal means.

If he wanted to he could use google but I doubt my ISP will take any notice, I would expect Virgin to knock him off their server for being and abusive poster. It is in their terms and conditions that you will not post abusive material. If he carries on I will try it and see if they still do.

Reply to
dennis

Where did I say it was generic? If you are so sure there are exceptions post them.

Reply to
dennis

Let him try for libel, he will regret it if he does. And he will lose his virgin access if I complain which is a certainty if he carry on like a child.

Reply to
dennis

"dennis@home" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

You clearly missed it, despite having quoted it from the message you just replied to.

No, I'm asking for you to prove the claim you're making. There is no such requirement. It doesn't exist. HC253 has already been mentioned as disagreeing with you - you yourself pasted the list of legal references from it.

Reply to
Adrian

One: it doesn't say all vehicles even in the quote /you/ posted. Two: The only types of vehicle that are banned are those that are unlikely to have a sustained speed above 40 km/hr Three: some that are banned can exceed 40 km/hr but are banned for other reasons.

None of which make what I said wrong.

Now what is your point as I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Maybe you could post an example of a vehicle that does less than 40km/hr that isn't banned under normal circumstances?

Reply to
dennis