skip diving - whats the best you have rescued?

Fortunately, there was no damage! :)

Reply to
Clot

Sorry, I cannot agree with you on this point. It is inappropriate speed that kills. Without the recent 20 mph zones around schools, I would reduce my speed quite often to much less due to the risk to all in the locality. Interestingly, many of these new limits are time dependent - at long last a recognition of inappropriate speed.

Not at all, please see above.

Ah, I think I see the problem. Is there not a saying that the law is for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools? This truly is the point. Unthinking folk have accidents in speed restricted zones due to driving at inappropriate speed for the conditions. "But I was only doing 30."

If you or your vehicle is unfit to drive on a motorway under good conditions at 56 mph (the limit I think for HGVs), one should be done for obstruction and causing danger to others.

Thanks for that! You're quite right, I was watching road conditions and had abided by the 40mph zone for the last mile. I should have been on the lookout for the revenue chasers instead!

Reply to
Clot

In such cases you have to find out who's responsible for the skip - asking a 'minion' is likely to result in a 'No' simply because they don't know whether they have the authority to say 'Yes'. Either that or it's your approach - though I suspect Staples would far rather you bought a new desk.

It always cost money to hire a skip - and the more room there is in it, the more rubbish you can get rid of for the hire fee. T'was ever thus. I doubt fewer people will say no because of an increase in cost - it's about how much room there is left in the skip.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

In message , "dennis@home" writes

C'mon own up dennis, this is you, isn't it

Reply to
geoff

I've bought a desk from Staples before and I can confirm you're better off getting one from a skip.

Reply to
mike

Doubt it. That old geezer was going in the same direction as the traffic flow.

Lucky there was such a good photographer handy though, eh?

Reply to
mike

Of course you would Dennis, you are the urban spaceman.

No Dennis, the problem is that she is a f****it who should be put down. Driving at 45mph on a motorway is an offence and bloody dangerous.

No Dennis, its the desire to use speed cameras as revenue producers.

You really are anal retentive.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

He has all the symptoms of Alzheimer's , so it prolly is him.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So they don't create a problem for you then. Its nice to see someone who actually wont be breaking the speed limits as you obviously drove as slow as they have been set before they were set.

An appropriate speed would be the speed limit or slower. I don't see the problem.

So now you think people should drive at the speed limit and not one mph less.

The appropriate speed for that woman may have been 45 mph.

You should know the speed limit at all times, it is signed. If you don't then you are driving without due care and attention. I would suggest that 40 mph is too fast for you as you obviously can't see the signs when driving at that speed. What other hazards do you miss if you can't see the signs? Probably just little things like kids, cyclists, etc.

Reply to
dennis

I wonder if they treat cyclists the same?

Reply to
dennis

Reply to
dennis

That supplier went bust in Dec IIRC.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Dennis - do you have a man walks in front of your horseless carriage with a red flag?

Tomorrow, I will hit 140-150mph, just for you

Of course, that's 30-40 mph slower than I could, but ...

best to keep to a safe speed, eh ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , "dennis@home" writes

the same as what ?

senile old farts?

You should know

Reply to
geoff

Not quite sure of the history of this, but if I recollect, when motorways were born in this country (M6 Preston Bypass being the first one) there was a minimum speed of 40 MPH on it.

Apart from which, I regularly see drivers in the middle lane of a 3 lane motorway doing less than 55 MPH. Did they never pass all of their driving test, but failed the mirror, signal maneuver part of it? And what happened to the first rule of the road?

Drive on the left in GB.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thanks, a sane response that I smiled to.

Reply to
Clot

"dennis@home" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

You probably think this is a terrible miscarriage of justice, too.

Adrian

when she was arrested by police..."

wrote: >My local staples said no when I wanted some bits of desk.

Dennis =3D Stephanie...?

Reply to
mike

The offence is 'driving without due consideration' and you can be fined/banned for doing so. Driving too slowly will also cause a failure during a driving test.

A vehicle driving too slowly is a hazard to other road users as it will cause them 'to change direction or speed' unecessarily.

So yes it is. Ner ner ne ner ner.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What are you on?