RIP Sir Patrick Moore

Damn, surely not?

I only just got over there being more than 4 elements.

Reply to
Huge

I'm irritated by much of the stuff on Quest - they like to big up the drama by quoting weights as umpteen thousand pounds, when the much more appropriate unit TON is crying out to be used.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Fine in my house. In spite of no central heating.

Reply to
harry

I don't think even he was taught about phlogiston.

Reply to
harry

I dunno about that. We are still using knots for speed, the Yanks use mph. The krauts use metres for height and we use feet. So there is still confusion.

Reply to
harry

It is concocted by journalists. What do you expect?

Reply to
harry

I was reading a rather sad report off the railway accident investigation board website yesterday. In the same paragraph it quoted Miles and Chains then Meters and Kilometres;!....

Reply to
tony sayer

DNA;?,Wotcha wanna know;?. Your point is what I said originally, once you have the qualification then thats yours .. no ones going to take it away. You still have it...

As olde as it might be..

Reply to
tony sayer

Not the French, they often speak in French both at from the tower and in the air but they fly at x feet at x knots

The Russians use metres

Reply to
The Other Mike

They simply followed the guidelines started by Thatcher. Have you so little knowledge of history?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Errrm, the phlogiston *hypothesis*.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Have you considered getting counselling for your obsessive hatred of a politician a generation gone?

Reply to
Huge

Absolutely not. Most of the present economic problems can be traced back to her policies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Utter tosh.

Reply to
Huge

Fuckwit.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

In article , Huge writes

Can't wait to piss on her grave.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Please wait because I and a few million others don't want to dance in piss

Reply to
The Other Mike

How incredibly childish.

Reply to
Huge

How can a temprature that can't be or hasn't been reached be more useful ? and who's going to remmeber that the boiling point of water is 373.15K ?

Doh ! ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Oi no queue jumping. :)