Right angle TV cable plugs

Does anyone know where I can get right-angled plugs for television coaxial cable? I've a couple of places where coming straight out from the wall socket is not suitable. I've tried Maplins, Screwfix and B&Q. Maxview's website doesn't show anything like that.
Alternatively a made up fly-lead with right-angled plugs would be OK.
Peter.

www.cpc.co.uk
Do a search on AR7066266
--
Woody

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com

What service - thank you very much.
Peter.

Check out this web site:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk
Products "MK K3520", "MK K3522" or "MK K3523" might do the trick. These are TV aerial sockets which are pointed downwards at about 45 degrees (can't see the angle from the picture).
Andrew

Yes it is plugs I'm after - I wired all the bedrooms a couple of years ago when I decorated, and put in flat sockets. The problem is that now with change arounds, a couple are behind beds and cupboards.
Peter.

I'm not sure you'd gain very much - a Belling lee plug is about as small as they come. Other plugs designed to be constantly removed and replaced have a cord grip which makes them relatively longer.
--
*I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.

I happen to think that the sockets I suggested earlier (which point downwards) might take up less room when used with a regular plug, than having a right-angled plug.
I'm not sure that right-angled plugs exist anyway - though I'll be happy to be corrected. The reason I say this is because when you get into RF frequencies (which you do with TV signals) any kinks in the cable run can lead to unfortunate stray signals - a bit like if you have a pond with a stone standing out and you send a ripple across the water - when it hits the stone you get all sorts of ripple patterns on the surface.
I remember an experiment in my HNC Electronics course years ago where a coiled cable was used, and terminating the cable at different places made a hell of a difference to its usefulness! The signals went from dead clean to highly corrupted just by moving the measurement point a very short distance.
What happens is that the RF signal goes along the wire and if it is properly terminated then all the energy is absorbed at the far end. If not properly terminated (or kinked) then some of the energy bounces back along the cable, degrading the quality of the signal due to noise.
But, I do not claim to be expert in this arena so if someone at the back shouts "rubbish!" please accept my apologies for wasting bandwidth :)
Andrew

Think that's the idea of a right angle plug - to prevent kinks in the co-ax.
50 ohm BNCs (RF impedance) certainly exist.

RIP Acorn

Except that (I thought) coax for TV is 75 ohms
--
geoff

Yes. However, with BNCs, 75 ohm seems to be reserved for baseband video and some audio. RF tends to be 50. Don't ask me why. ;-)
--
*Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off NOW.

Unlike Eric Clapton
--
geoff

I think you might find that the connectors are designed to minimise reflections. Right angled connectors are used well above V carrier frequencies
--
geoff

Oh my god! Reading the above I was just back in the classroom 30 years! :)
Andrew

Yes if your cable is seriously kinky...

No your quite correct its due to standing waves on the cable which as you also say is due to incorrect cable-aerial-tv-whatever matching..
Actually the old belling lee coax plug is a heap of c**p the F type is much better IMHO....
--
Tony Sayer

I'm not sure if this helps, but I've got oulets witha 45 deg down anle on them, thet've gone now, replaced with upgly straight ones by aerial installer because they weren't DC, (and I reckon he walked off with them) of course given time to think I could have bypassed the capacitors, but you know how it is with a gorilla in your front room....
Any how, they do exist and aren't that all hard to find
Mike R
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:45:02 +0100, "harrogate"
I read it. So what's the big problem using straight plugs which go into a socket angled downwards then?
From the original posters enquiry:

That doesn't tell me that the solution has to be right angled plugs!
Andrew

The only reason I'm looking for plugs is because the sockets are already wired and fitted in place (as it turns out, now the wrong place). I do know they exist (or at least did), because I already have two in other parts of the house - the difficulty I have is finding some now. But, from another reply, it looks like CPC have some.
Peter.

Normally very good ... as long as they have them in stock
--
geoff