Re: Overflow on new bath leaking

Are you sure you're pushing the corrugated pipe far enough into the spigot ports at each end ? Or am I confused as to which bits are leaking ? :-))
Silicone sealant needs a certain time to skin over and create a good seal, so are you leaving enough time between pressing the fittings into place and actually running water over them ?
My advice is for you to now sit back, relax, and take a look at the job from a bit further away. You're trying to hard to solve one problem and it may be that something else is causing it. Go put the kettle on and make yourself a cuppa' tea. Then go sit in the loo drinking it and looking at what you need to do. :-))
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

<snip>
and
<snip>
The corrugated pipes have smooth ends and fit outside the pipe out of the back of the overflow fitting and the pipe out of the collar on the waste.
They are pushed on as far as they will go.
I was delaying trying the silicone sealant because of the time you have to wait until it works (or not).
Have had a contemplate and I will seal it up then leave it overnight.
I would have preferred a flexible end which would stretch over the spigot, or a tapered end which would push inside the spigot. All I have is thin plastic which pushes over a ridge on the outside of the spigot but does not seal against the pressure of a full bath.
Not a problem usually as we take showers, and this bath is a budget shower tray, but I don't want to leave problems for visiting bath freaks or future owners.
In the bodge world the leakage would not be significant, and would dry before the next bath (unless it got worse) but I know it is there so I have to fix it :-)
Cheers Dave R

Thanks to all respondents.
I have adopted the "lets see you leak past that, you Ba**ard" approach with loads of silicone sealant. It probably will.
Cheers Dave R

with
ROFL !!! That point has to come when you get a niggling leak. :-))
The next time (if there is a next time) get hold of some "Gutter Seal". It comes in a tube like the silicone and is a thick black tarry mix that, when cured, looks and feels like a rubber washer. A smear of this stuff around the flanges of the plastic fittings makes a made to measure rubber washer that moulds itself into any nooks and crannies.
I was going to mention it last night, but thought you'd only shout and scream at me for giving you more to worry about. :-))
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com