Bath overflow fillers

I acquired a nice, unused double-ended bath on eBay for 99p yesterday. It has no fittings and the only holes drilled are central ones for overflow and waste, so I thought I might equip it with an overflow filler/pop-up waste combination and wall-mounted taps so as to leave the top undrilled.

These overflow fillers turn out to be surprisingly expensive.

I have found who do one complete with taps for GBP39 (), but I cannot find anywhere else that will sell even the filler bit for less than GBP50 (Boundary Bathrooms is the best I have found).

Why, I hear you ask, do I not just buy from Bathroom Studios then - well they do not do any kind of mail order and are in Clacton. I am in Manchester.

So, does anyone know where I can buy such a thing for a remotely similar price either by mail order or in person.

ALternatively, does anyone know where I might be able to get Lecico bits in or around South Manchester as their web site has a handy stockist locator that is broken.

Yet more alternatively, if there is a reader in or near clacton who fancies popping down there and buying a set and posting it to me, I would be most grateful.

And before anyone asks - my shoulders ache from being hunched over the keyboard googling for them.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Riocreux

Have you actually tried calling them, and asking if they will send them to you?

I have don this with outer non mail order companies, and they were happy to do it!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Yes. Very pleasant, but intransigent.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Riocreux

The tap company's website gives a list of stockists IIRC.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Lecico?

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

Lecico indeed, but if you go to the page that is supposed to let you see stockists it is less than fully functional. It used to always give me an error, regardless of how I searched, and now the page doesn't even get served properly....

It may, of course, be because I am not using that popular spy-ware product IE, and choose instead the "communist" Firefox, but ....

I have pointed this out to Lecico and asked them to mail me a list of local stockists, but they seem to be concentrating on breaking their web pages even more rather than helping me.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Riocreux

Hmm. Used to work with Mozilla 1.7.3. I printed off the list for a couple of counties. Doesn't now. Incompetence? Email them and complain!!

I wanted a single lever bath mixer tap to feed an Ultra overflow filler, the only people I found making a range of these were Chartley, in Stone, Staffordshire. The web site is useless. It's back to emails and the telephone.

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol