Bath waste+overflow

I'm looking for clarification of what is a pop-up waste and a click clack waste.
mark
mark wrote:

I'd assume the pop up is the type with a knob built into the tap and Click clack the type you push on the plug itself to close it the push again to open. Personally I find the plug and chain work very well and about 50% of the hotels I stay in have problems with the modern types. I end up improvising with a plastic cup full of water and a gasket made from a pad of loo paper to block off plug hole

I think you are right.

I'm wondering about the grade of hotel you choose! Seriously though you raise a good point, I'm considering a double ended bath with the taps on the wall side so reliability is something to think about as getatability is going to be zero. Plug on a chain and a single ended bath tick the sensible box. However the the bathroom I'm re doing is so old fashioned and horrible I am aiming at going a step beyond just a new bathroom to compensate. Existing bath suite is sage which ironically is an 'on trend' colour for paintwork etc., and will be the colour of my tiles.
mark
On 28/06/2013 12:49, mark wrote:

A pop-up waste has a lever on the upright part of the tap connected by a rod to the plug. You push the lever and it pops up the plug. Like this:
http://www.notjusttaps.co.uk/images/wastes-basin-popup.jpg
A click clack waste has a spring mechanism that you push in to engage and push again to release. Like this:
http://www.sdslondon.co.uk/img/upload/products/2/l_43973.jpg
If you are choosing a sink and taps, you need to make sure that they are matched, so a sink with a click-clack waste and a tap with a push rod would mean you would have your rod dangling unused.
My money goes [just went] on a click-clack waste. No doubt somebody will pipe up that they are "unreliable" and that in 20 years' time you will need to replace them or some such like.
Jon

Thanks, it's for a bath. So by elimination I assume the pop up is one where you twist a knob at the overflow.
mark