Re: Neighbours Glaring Floodlights

Page 2 of 2
How about a mirror to blast it back at 'em?
Colin

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:31:23 +0100, "Colin Cooper"

You've been reading my previous reply haven't you? ;)
PoP
On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 22:34:04 +0100, PoP

In the world of OT's, the eating of pets by wild animals with a subject line of "Neighbours Glaring Floodlights" must rank up there with the best of them. :-)
Returning to topic, I had a similar problem myself when new neighbours moved in and decorated the back of their house with 12GW floodlights (seemed like that anyway). These lights shone into our living room, After a few days I went around, introduced myself and tried as politely as possible to say about the lights [They told you to pi** off and a fight ensued? Ed]. No, actually they did listen and next day the bloke was up his ladder adjusting the lights - which I really appreciated.
Regarding these lights, I think they are very badly designed from the point of view of shielding excess light. There is usually no cowling etc that can be used to limit the light spread and to be fair is really can be difficult to a) see what exactly is being illuminated b) adjust the thing to illuminate the area you want. B&Q are U listening?