Re: Neighbours Glaring Floodlights

I need some advice,

> > as our neighbours finds it stupid ( 2 of them ) to shine a 500 Watt Up the > Garden together on a timer from 8:30 pm until 11:30 Pm Without no switch off > and then go and sit in the front room. > > They shine up our garden completely and the floodlight are horizonally > placed. > > Any Ideas ?

Do you want to borrow an air rifle ?

Reply to
Nick Read

In a hostel in south africa a few months back some guys had a spud gun powered by deodorant made out of a good length of 1 1/2 inch plastic pipe, a lighter, and a load of masking tape, did a damn good job of knocking out the street lamps.

This is DIY after all, don't want to go using air rifles when we can build our own...

Jim

Reply to
Jim Ley

Safer from _what_ ? Are you expecting a nocturnal raid by al Quaida ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

In message , Nick Read writes

yes please, can I collect?

(similar situation here)

what bothers me is not so much the glaring light (we have blackout blinds) as the intense shadows created

Reply to
usenetfrom

Park your car, with the high beam light on so that it shines through their bedroom window during the night. (have some jump leads handy in the mornign though). :o)

You could try asking them kindly if they would switch the timmer or, or reposition the lights a bit.

Jaime

Reply to
Jaime

We had a nocturnal raid a couple of nights ago. A badger broke into the (extremely heavily fortified) guineapig hutch and ate Little Pig. Very sad.

Reply to
Grunff

Pity there were no glaring floodlights from the neighbours.. might have saved the little fellow... sniff

Reply to
Suz

Have I found the man for you!! Wai Yuen Liu

Man guilty of floodlight plot

Reply to
Suz

Are you sure it was a badger? They don't usually eat anything that big particularly if it is alive. More likely the badger let the fox in. As for the OP the rule is never fall out with your neighbour. Go and talk to them and explain the problem they are causing. They may not know it IS a problem. I had a problem some years ago with a security light that, unknown to me, caused a problem. It was only a casual remark that alerted me and I was able to reposition it.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Well, we aren't sure, but the reason we suspect a badger is because there's one that lives (on it's own - it's a bit odd) near the stables anyway, and it was spotted the following morning nearby.

It could've been a fox - but I'd be surprised if a fox would have been able to break in. It could be a combined effort as you suggest, but why would a badger spend ages breaking into a hutch just so that a fox could go in?

Reply to
Grunff

"PoP" wrote | The real problem will surface if those lights manage to shine upwards. | The 747 pilot making an emergency recovery from a failed landing | attempt is sure to require action :)

If the OP can wait until April 1st, a hoax phonecall 'from the CAA' could be both amusing and effective.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

How about a water pistol onto the bulb? Might think they've got a dodgy batch of bulbs... ;)

David Hearn

It was a guineapig...

Reply to
Suz

How about a mirror to blast it back at 'em?

Reply to
Colin Cooper

You've been reading my previous reply haven't you? ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I know! Simply a turn of phrase.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

"Suz" wrote | > Sorry about the piglet. | It was a guineapig...

It was a little one, which I think would make it a guinea-piglet or ten shillings and sixpence.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In the world of OT's, the eating of pets by wild animals with a subject line of "Neighbours Glaring Floodlights" must rank up there with the best of them. :-)

Returning to topic, I had a similar problem myself when new neighbours moved in and decorated the back of their house with 12GW floodlights (seemed like that anyway). These lights shone into our living room, After a few days I went around, introduced myself and tried as politely as possible to say about the lights [They told you to pi** off and a fight ensued? Ed]. No, actually they did listen and next day the bloke was up his ladder adjusting the lights - which I really appreciated.

Regarding these lights, I think they are very badly designed from the point of view of shielding excess light. There is usually no cowling etc that can be used to limit the light spread and to be fair is really can be difficult to a) see what exactly is being illuminated b) adjust the thing to illuminate the area you want. B&Q are U listening?

Reply to
dave

Looks like "the testing phase" was a failure then!! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

Ah, well, not quite. He was called Little Pig, because when we got him he was very little. Sadly, our naming lacked foresight, because at 5 years old he was quite gigantic; one of the largest guinea pigs I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Reply to
Grunff