pushfit are they reliable?

You are correct. But an open vented system with correct inhibitor will see little if no deterioration.

Reply to
IMM

I said cheap, as compared to expensive plastic pipe. I did not say buy inferior quality.

Reply to
IMM

No he's 96 years 23 hrs & 55 mins as his first plumbing job was 'breaking water'.

Mike P.

Reply to
Mike P

..another clown appears....and he says....

I don't hate plastic systems. I objectively look at all.

Reply to
IMM

Yus m'lud.

Reply to
IMM

Sing and dance?

Reply to
IMM

You need to look deeper.

Reply to
IMM

In article , IMM writes

No, you said "cheap copper pipe", look I left it in so you could see it, if you didn't mean that you should have phrased it differently otherwise people won't take you seriously

Reply to
David

In article , Mike P writes

and what a mess that was, should have used push fit...

Reply to
David

If you're using pushfit connectors with copper tube DON'T use chromed tube cos the pushfits will slide off under water pressure - voice of experience!

Reply to
PJO

I used Hep2o on primary CH circuit more than 6 years ago and its still ok, also on high pressure mains cold feed with no problems. If you have some specific experience or information why don't you share it?

Reply to
BillR

The BES catalogue specifically says that (some?) pushfit connectors are not for use on chrome plates pipe.

Reply to
usenet

Oxygen diffusion through plastics pipe does occur, but the amounts are extremely small. Oxygen will almost always be present in any system, as it can enter through a variety of points, such as open header tanks, threaded joints, valves, pumps, through expansion vessel diaphragms and above the bleed point on a radiator. Hepworth recommend that to provide maximum system protection, independent of pipe material, all heating circuits should be protected by an inhibitor.

British Gas have revised their internal policy and now accept Non-Barrier (Standard) pipe as well as Barrier pipe for their service contracts. This change took place earlier this year.

It is now considered by British Gas that central heating systems that include plastics pipe manufactured to the appropriate British Standard (such as Hep2O) do not represent a potential corrosion problem from oxygen ingress where the system water includes an adequate strength of inhibitor. This applies equally to Barrier and Non-Barrier pipes.

At the same time as this change took place, a test for inhibitor strength and a turbidity test to check for debris/corrosion deposits were introduced by British Gas for all systems, including those piped in copper. Systems, regardless of pipe material, failing these tests may still be accepted onto BG service schemes after flushing and dosing with inhibitor.

The Hepworth Plumbing Products Team

-- Tel: +44 (0)1709 856 300 |Hepworth Plumbing Products Fax: +44 (0)1709 856 301 |Edlington Lane, Edlington Email: snipped-for-privacy@hepworthplumbing.co.uk |Doncaster, UK

|DN12 1BY

Reply to
text

Oxygen diffusion through plastics pipe does occur, but the amounts are extremely small. Oxygen will almost always be present in any system, as it can enter through a variety of points, such as open header tanks, threaded joints, valves, pumps, through expansion vessel diaphragms and above the bleed point on a radiator. Hepworth recommend that to provide maximum system protection, independent of pipe material, all heating circuits should be protected by an inhibitor.

British Gas have revised their internal policy and now accept Non-Barrier (Standard) pipe as well as Barrier pipe for their service contracts. This change took place earlier this year.

It is now considered by British Gas that central heating systems that include plastics pipe manufactured to the appropriate British Standard (such as Hep2O) do not represent a potential corrosion problem from oxygen ingress where the system water includes an adequate strength of inhibitor. This applies equally to Barrier and Non-Barrier pipes.

At the same time as this change took place, a test for inhibitor strength and a turbidity test to check for debris/corrosion deposits were introduced by British Gas for all systems, including those piped in copper. Systems, regardless of pipe material, failing these tests may still be accepted onto BG service schemes after flushing and dosing with inhibitor.

The Hepworth Plumbing Products Team

-- Tel: +44 (0)1709 856 300 |Hepworth Plumbing Products Fax: +44 (0)1709 856 301 |Edlington Lane, Edlington Email: snipped-for-privacy@hepworthplumbing.co.uk |Doncaster, UK

|DN12 1BY

Reply to
Hepworth Plumbing Products Tea

I find it great. What problems have you had ?

Reply to
G&M

None. I have never used it. read back and see what I say about what Gledhill say about it, who don't recommend the stuff.

Reply to
IMM

None whatsoever.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Until! If you knew Gledhill shunned Polyplumb you would not have used them, unless you are totally daft.

Gledhill, a top rate, thermal store, boiler, cylinder maker do not recommend Polyplumb, the only plastic maker they shun. That should say something in itself.

Reply to
IMM

Amazing , treat the sypmtoms and not deal with the cause such as pumping over!

Many thanks - I always suspected that the oxygen diffusion through plastic pipe was not a real problem - although I always use barrier pipe since that is what my merchant stocks.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

It's a two man job of one pulling and one unwinding and feeding it, to be in control.

Reply to
IMM