pushfit are they reliable?

Page 3 of 5

I am no fan of Speedfit either. It is also not that cheap.

Aren't they made by Conex? If so that is strange. They always make good stuff. Was the pipe perfectly round with no dents or burrs?

commetn
Hep is ugly and bulky to look at. I find Soma Gold and Marley equator better. Osma looks very neat.

[snip]

has
Well, it was all mounted ok and the leaks were only tiny, but leaks there were, unfortunately. I shall not be buying any more, which is a pity since I had hoped that they would be used where appearance was important (copper). They are also quite slimline, which the Hep is not, as you point out.

far.
I shall have to check those out. I guess I buy what I can easily get hold of and have good experience with.
Rob
(mark al) wrote:

So do Lada's for while.

Gledhill specifically state in some of their documentation reservations over Polyplumb.

OK, so as normal, you have no supporting evidence.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
wrote in message

I don't document every horror story installers tell me, and I have heard a few of them.

writes

Yeah sure, with your hatred of plastic systems you would get a sworn testimony from each and every one and insist they join the group so they could support you, look how you've hung on to the one or two problems that have been reported here
--
David

wrote in message

..another clown appears....and he says....

I don't hate plastic systems. I objectively look at all.

Ah I see. Hearsay.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
wrote in message

Yus m'lud.

Abuse reported to apostrophe protection society.
IMM wrote:

Lada's what?
--
Grunff

Sing and dance?

IMM wrote:

I can't aggree with that. Hep2O are one of the best in my opinion.
(mark al) wrote:

You need to look deeper.

IMM wrote:

I used Hep2o on primary CH circuit more than 6 years ago and its still ok, also on high pressure mains cold feed with no problems. If you have some specific experience or information why don't you share it?

I find it great. What problems have you had ?

None. I have never used it. read back and see what I say about what Gledhill say about it, who don't recommend the stuff.

G&M wrote:

None whatsoever.

Until! If you knew Gledhill shunned Polyplumb you would not have used them, unless you are totally daft.
Gledhill, a top rate, thermal store, boiler, cylinder maker do not recommend Polyplumb, the only plastic maker they shun. That should say something in itself.

I used Hep2O when I did out combi powered CH, plus other plumbing about 5 years ago.
I had one problem leak because I had not pushed the pipe into the fitting properly (poor access, and I should have known better) other than that it has been fine.
--
Chris French, Leeds