pushfit are they reliable?

I've found that warming the pipe gently by arranging air from a hair dryer through it makes a big difference to flexibility.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Given the fun I had with the 15mm stuff I wouldn't touch rolls of 22mm at all!

-- cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

It gets *much* more flexible when hot - this includes when full of hot water which IMHO is its biggest problem. Lots of clips needed on horizontal runs!

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Best put a baton under it on horizontal runs, or better still use copper pipe.

Reply to
IMM

In article , dmc writes

Stick to the recommended distances and its fine, it sags a bit but this isn't a problem.

Reply to
David

In article , Witchy writes

It sags between clips which isn't a problem

Reply to
David

In article , IMM writes

There's no need, plastic works fine, mine does (hold on, isn't that an argument you use?)

Reply to
David

Best just use copper on long horizontal runs, then no problems at all.

Reply to
IMM

For a while. 20, 30, 40, 50 years of constant sagging and contractions? And all is fine after? Please! Do you believe in Santa as well?

Reply to
IMM

Hello David

Is there any advantage to clipping it along the length when, say, it's running in an underfloor void?

Is there any disadvantages to letting it just lie on the ground? (Apart from mechanical wear from movement)

Reply to
Simon Avery
[snip]

But the whole point of using plastic is to avoid joints in long runs. I have not had problems with plastic sagging.

Reply to
Kalico

I don't see any great advantages or disadvantages either way really.

Most of mine is fixed because it would have either got in the way for future access, or just because I could and it makes for a neat job.

But have areas where the pipe was just pushed in one end and then out the other, and just left to it's own devices.

Reply to
chris French

My 1st floor runs are just laid flat on boards, technically I don't see any reason why it can't just be left lying on the ground, assuming you mean under the floor boards so chances of mechanical damage aren't a problem, mind you plastic pipe is a lot less susceptible to damage than copper and of course it won't corrode or develop pin holes, sound like a good solution all round.

cue John...

Reply to
David

In article , IMM writes

What do you think will actually fail?

Reply to
David

Not where I live. Water is so acidic copper pipe rots through in under 10 years !!

Reply to
G&M

Give me clue.

Reply to
IMM

Well wait then.

Reply to
IMM

Hello chris

That's what I thought. I've used MDPE a lot and that's tough stuff, but since my screwfix stuff didn't make the "next day" delivery time I still don't know what the speedfit is like. (Moan, whinge)

Reply to
Simon Avery

In article , IMM writes

I've always known that you didn't have one but Its nice that you're finally admitting it

Reply to
David

contractions?

The festive season is coming! I can see all the jovialities about.

Reply to
IMM