Polycell 'Polyfilla' plasterskim filler

Has anyone experience of using this?

I have to improve the surface of a hallway in a terraced house and a small bedroom. The kind of problems are where wallpaper has been stripped off leaving that patchy, mottled(?) effect on the wall.

Reply to
Richard Blackwood

You mean the pre-mixed stuff ? If so yes, it's excellent, but the most expensive way per square inch of covering a wall. Try the Wickes own brand stuff first - it's a third the price but needs more effort, or mix it yourself using a 10kG sack of EasyFill from B&Q (don't mix it all at once !).

Reply to
G&M

Thanks for the suggestions!

Would I be able to get away with using the plasterskim filler on sections of the walls do you think - as and where needed? Large areas of the plaster are ok. Or would I have to do the whole area with thiss stuff from start to finish?

Sorry for any dull questions - real diy novice here :)

Reply to
Richard Blackwood

I'd just do the bad bits and see how you get on. If it's first time then use the Polyskim as it's mixed exactly right.

Reply to
G&M