Plusnet

Is Plusnet in trouble today? My connection drops out every 5 minutes, if it connects at all. I have to reboot the router to have any chance of a reconnect.

Reply to
Capitol

Not had any issues and been using it since lunchtime. Currently connected to gateway ptw-bng01

AndyC

Reply to
Andy Cap

No problem here, but perhaps if I had anything cause a restart I'd have problems re-connecting, so I shan't ....

Reply to
Andy Burns

I doubt such issued have anything to do with the backhauled network

it will be your connection into/at the local exchange

The rest of us will only be able to help if you are on that same exchange

tim

Reply to
tim.....

The router shows it's fully connected with good up and down speeds. Looks like a DNS problem as it claims it can't resolve the address. I guess BT are doing maintenance and haven't bothered to tell Plusnet.

Reply to
Capitol

Can you ping things by IP addr? 158.152.1.65 is an old favourite. Set your own DNS to 8.8.8.8 if you don't mind Google knowing your lookups, or 208.67.222.222 if you don't mind Cisco knowing them ...

BT maintenance usually happens overnight, there is usually a list of affected exchanges on the status page, none planned between 24th and 27th.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sounds like a typical BT owned company mess up.. :-)

Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff