please recommend a good upvc window place in gateshead

Hi,

I really dont fancy putting up with a string of window salesmen in my house.

Can anyone suggest a good reliable upvc window company in tyneside I could go to..?

Cef

Reply to
cef

When I was faced with this I asked around the neighbours and came up with 3 local firms that people were pleased with. I narrowed it down to 2 firms and went to their showrooms for a chat and rough estimates, and that narrowed it down to one firm who got the work. So I only had one visit by a salesman, then one by their surveyor. They replaced 12 windows and 3 doors, and we are very pleased with the job - would definitely use them again if necessary. Nowhere near Tyneside though, so can't help you there.

Reply to
Codswallop

Not at all sure UPVC and good are/can be compatable...........

PhilC

Reply to
PhilC

Thats the way to do it. I'd also add in looking for a company that makes the frames themselves rather than buying in from a local manufacturer and that the installers are staff of the company rather than subcontractors.

Wrong side of the country is Window World in Carlisle. I'm pleased with their work and product.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Cef, Many moons ago when I lived in Eighton Banks, I had frames made by a factory on the Team Valley Trading Estate. Sorry can't remember name but try local yellow pages? ISTR the factory was on the South side if the estate near the tile factory. Regards, Eddie

Reply to
Eddie G0EHV