UPVC Window Sizing

Hi

I'm going to replace a rotten wooden window with a UPVC replacement. I've measured the aperture and it's 1800 x 1060. My question is, when I order the window how much of a gap should I allow for all round. The window will be woodgrain effect and as it's north facing gets no direct sunlight.

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Allow about 5mm space all around to allow for any unevenness.

-- Yours Jason

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com

Reply to
Jason

Surely the answer is simply to ask the supplier of whatever window system you choose? David

Reply to
Lobster

That's pretty well the size where I used a Screwfix ready made one - 1780 x 1050 at 260 quid. I'm pleased with it and it was better value than I could find anywhere locally.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Reply to
sparky

normaly you should deduct 5 mm either side

Reply to
SCAREY-B.HERE-ON-THE.NET