plastic coin bags

In message , Tim Watts writes

The bit that said the increase would be little above zero if at all and not worth the hassle.

Reply to
bert

So dim they will refuse to accept it - had a blazing row in Nat West to prove it :-)

Reply to
bert

Oh, I thought you were making the same mistake a lot of people that use it for the first time and think just the commission goes to charity not the actual coins you put in. Sorry.

Reply to
dennis

polygonum put finger to keyboard:

Last one I saw was in an Asda. I'll be shopping there later, if I remember I'll get the name of the company that provides the machine.

Reply to
Scion

En el artículo , Tim+ escribió:

Not really fair on the people behind you in the queue is it, having to wait while the till operator counts your pile of coins?

It's like those stupid women who don't get their purse out until they've finished bagging their shopping then it's waiting forever while we get "oh, where did I put my purse?", rummaging everywhere for it, followed by rummaging inside it for the money, followed by them farting about trying to make up exact change. Drives me mad.

Men, well most men, go up to the till with their wallet or the do$h/card ready to hand.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Tim Watts escribió:

Not in my local Asda, the Coinstar machine is till-side and is accessed without walking through the main shopping area, which means no footfall.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Which part of "self checkout"...?

Reply to
Adrian

Mike Tomlinson :

You forgot the rummaging through the scrunched-up coupons, dropping them on the floor, them being rejected because the products concerned aren't even stocked never mind on the receipt, etc.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Thanks - can't remember seeing one in our nearest Asda, but could easily have missed one.

Reply to
polygonum

I'm not quite sure how you break down the tasks there. Where I shop, the checkout can only accommodate one customer's shopping at a time on the packing belt.

So, load trolley contents onto input belt, unfold re-useable bags, pack bags as shopping is scanned. Remove wallet from shoulder bag, proffer nectar card and whatever vouchers are valid this time, insert debit card, enter pin, remove card, stow wallet, trundle away.

Personally, I can't pack with my wallet in my hand. The checkout operator can't process the next customer's goods until I have removed all mine, so they either wait for me to finish packing and get my wallet out, or if I paid first, they would wait the same length of time for me to finish packing after paying.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

These days Sainsbury's seem to be going over the top with their printed coupons - price match, extra points on specified items, multiple points, extra points for total spend, petrol vouchers for total or specific spend...

Why don't they just drop their prices?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

On Thursday 31 October 2013 08:26 Chris J Dixon wrote in uk.d-i-y:

What ever happened to the "pivot bar" at the packing end of the belt that allowed the 2nd customer's good to be rung up whilst the first was packing?

Another 1970's idea that is too difficult for 2010 man to implement?

Reply to
Tim Watts

They rely on you losing them or allowing some of them to time out. You have to use the coupon before they lose any money by issuing it.

Tescos is just as bad.

Reply to
Martin Brown

In article , Chris J Dixon writes

Unless you're a woman, in which case you fart about/gabble into your mobile phone as the shopping piles up, *then* start packing it.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Tim Watts writes

Some stores round here do still have them.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Martin Brown writes

I don't mix then to begin with, then there's no need to sort them :-)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

you've missed out: appear surprised when you are asked to pay, then look for purse/wallet at bottom of handbag.

Reply to
charles

I'd guess too many people were "accidentally" picking stuff up from the wrong bit.

Reply to
John Williamson

On Thursday 31 October 2013 11:23 John Williamson wrote in uk.d-i-y:

That's very generous.

I was assuming it was due to a lack of thinking by the latest crop of pimply MBA weilding management who were not even alive in 1970.

Reply to
Tim Watts

You can use the coin deposit machines at some HSBC branches.

Reply to
Adam Funk