OT Just had a bollocking

And this was a bigger bollocking than the apprentices get - it was off my Mother:-).

Reply to
ARW

10th mar perchance?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

No. I remembered that one - TBH I remembered at 11am so I pretended that I was on an emergency call out when I was in fact buying the chocolates and the card.

Reply to
ARW

That's not pretending. That was an emergency call out!

mark

Reply to
mark

You were trained by the best. ;-)

Reply to
Adam Funk

I had done nothing wrong.

Reply to
ARW

You deserved it!

Reply to
GB

That's what she said.

Reply to
ARW

When I said "I remembered" what I meant was that I got a phonecall from my Mum asking what time I was calling in with her card and present as my brother was taking her out for dinner and she wanted to make sure I did not miss her.

Reply to
ARW

Ah ... the "subtle" reminder.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I bet the apprentices say that too

Reply to
harry

Not sure about these days for different relations. What about mistresses day, or toyboy day?

And what about the pets!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I have selective deafness.

Reply to
ARW

It's inherited!

Reply to
Adam Funk

En el artículo , ARW escribió:

One of the great benefits of having to wear a hearing aid is that you can switch it off mid-maternal bollocking.

Don't ask me how I know :-)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

That's what they all say.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I've often wanted to turn the volume down. Maybe I should get a hearing aid.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Maybe there's a market for fake ones (like alarm boxes)?

Reply to
Adam Funk

I've got a high frequency hearing loss, I can hear what blokes say, but often miss what women say, since their voices have a higher pitch.

Every cloud.....

Reply to
Onetap

For those that can hear the trick is to just nod at what you think are appropriate moments when she is talking to you. That way she can tell you something without you having to listen to her.

Reply to
ARW